Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 21 Dec 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

How do you make lasagna

Hi, lots of different recipes online but just wondering how you make lasagna?
I will need a HUGE one lol
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My mince mixture is lean mince that I brown off and drain, can't be doing with any grease being left in pot lol, I add garlic, mushrooms finely chopped, onion, peppers finely chopped, chopped tomatoes usually I use a flavoured one with basil in it, a jar of passata, and herbs. Simmer until its thickened up , put a third in serving dish cover with lasagne sheets, spoon over white sauce... I buy mine in a jar I prefer it to making a white sauce lol, repeat two or three times depending how deep you want it and on top layer of white sauce put a generous covering of cheese, put in oven for cheese to melt and bubble... I so need to make a lasagne for tea now lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As above , I cannot make white sauce to save my life lol
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
As above , I cannot make white sauce to save my life lol
Glad it's not just me Sam, that way when others mention how easy it is to make a white sauce I won't feel like such a failure lol 😉😉😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I make a healthier version with half mince and half Quorn mince, I also do.this with chill. I also buy white sauce, but add some cheese, the no so healthy bit 😀.
Also I always pre cook my lasagne sheets for a couple of minutes, a bit fiddly but I prefer to.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you can get to a shop that sells Italian stuff the cartons of bechemal sauce are great (e.g. Chef brand). White wine a must in the Bolognese
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Buy a large one in M&S
Same as everyone else. Easy White Sauce. Heat the milk in the microwave until nearly boiling. Whisk in butter, it will melt as you go, whisk in flour, there will be no lumps. Reheat in microwave for about 1 min (depends how much you are making) take care it doesn’t boil over. Whisk again and you will have smooth, thick white sauce.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Glad it's not just me Sam, that way when others mention how easy it is to make a white sauce I won't feel like such a failure lol 😉😉😉
Ha the last time I tried I used 6 pints of milk tryng to get the lumps out and the kitchen looked like a flower bomb had gone off . I had YouTube videos on the go and everything .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Heat baked beans,kidney beans & butter beans.
Warm milk,butter & a teaspoon of mustard, thicken with corn flour add a huge amount of grated cheese.
Layer up the bean mix with gluten free lasagne sheets & white sauce, top with more cheese & pop in the oven . Yummy even converted my meat eating husband.
I am on a gluten free diet so make 2 separate ones as DH doesn't like the gluten free pasta sheets & use cornflour to thicken instead of flour but use gluten free flour if I have any.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Ha the last time I tried I used 6 pints of milk tryng to get the lumps out and the kitchen looked like a flower bomb had gone off . I had YouTube videos on the go and everything .
After that a jar is the only way to go lol