Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 27 Dec 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I thought I’d swap for Amazon prime but not impressed at having to pay for box sets.
you're absolutely right, amazon prime video is awful.

Netflix is so easy. Pay, watch whatever you want, done.

Amazon prime video does awful things like letting you watch series 1 free then charging for the rest. Search for something and you think ooo then click and find it's found all the paid stuff.

Only reason I have it is that I love the prime delivery and because they know that, they put the price up and included the useless video to inflate their figures. They're now claiming it's mega popular but I'd love to know how many people would pay for it if they didn't get it bundled in.

I don't watch football but friends that do tell me that next year(?) I think, some games will be on sky, some on bbc sports and some on amazon, so they'll have to buy every service to be able to see the games.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
I too wasn't impressed with Prime video, gone back to Now tv and purchased the 12 month package for films and entertainment for £99 and got the stick for £7.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Is your daughter a student? If so student amazon prime is a better price per year and covers TV, videos, music and delivery as mentioned on a limited basis. Overall on the student rate for the range that it covers it is good value
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Yes she is a student. Does a non student account get different films/box sets for free?
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Amazon Prime will be good eventually. They've paid a fortune to make tv programmes based around Lord Of The Rings.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Yes she is a student. Does a non student account get different films/box sets for free?
Don't think there is any difference in the content but the yearly cost is about half (as far as I can remember)
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TH1
Apprentice Imagineer

For anyone considering Now TV, my experience might save you a load of cash. I was offered a two week free trial on 8th December. This was the movie package and, so, over the two weeks, I watched the most recent films : Baby Driver, The Greatest Showman, Black Panther, Coco etc etc.
The deal was that, at the end of the two weeks, if I did not cancel, I would be charged £9.99 per month.
So, on 21st December, I logged on and cancelled the free trial. The webpage then reminded me of all the new movies coming up and suggested that I might not want to cancel. I persevered, however, and clicked on the “Cancel” button.
Lo and behold, I was then offered 3 months for the price of one... charged at £3.33 per month. Of course I took the offer.
However, I have set Google to send me a reminder on 20th March to cancel, again. With luck, I will get a similar offer. If not, I will have had 3 months of movies for 13p a day.
In short, do not hesitate to take a free trial but always cancel and see what they offer you... they want you more than you want them!
TH1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TH1 View Post
For anyone considering Now TV, my experience might save you a load of cash. I was offered a two week free trial on 8th December. This was the movie package and, so, over the two weeks, I watched the most recent films : Baby Driver, The Greatest Showman, Black Panther, Coco etc etc.
The deal was that, at the end of the two weeks, if I did not cancel, I would be charged £9.99 per month.
So, on 21st December, I logged on and cancelled the free trial. The webpage then reminded me of all the new movies coming up and suggested that I might not want to cancel. I persevered, however, and clicked on the “Cancel” button.
Lo and behold, I was then offered 3 months for the price of one... charged at £3.33 per month. Of course I took the offer.
However, I have set Google to send me a reminder on 20th March to cancel, again. With luck, I will get a similar offer. If not, I will have had 3 months of movies for 13p a day.
In short, do not hesitate to take a free trial but always cancel and see what they offer you... they want you more than you want them!
Good advice!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List