Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 1 Jan 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We got the Netflix one eventually. Still wondering what we have watched though .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Watched it last night but got tired of the repeating nature and decision making,not for me.
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I************* SPOLIER BELOW*****************

DO NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE IF DON'T WANT SPOILER

I got the rare one as well where the author appears in a dream.
Old 1 Jan 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I really like the concept but found it a little frustrating have to replay a lot of the choices.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I************* SPOLIER BELOW*****************

DO NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE IF DON'T WANT SPOILER
you know you can use [ spoiler] tags [ /spoiler]

it blew my tiny little mind when i found out jeff was going to be in it!

(if you arent aware of his work, check out polybius on playstation VR if you can)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

It was very clever but FAR too repetitive.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we enjoyed it, a little self-referential (and yes repetitive albeit you can exit to credits without a lot of the repetition). Sure that a genre of this type of TV or film will emerge and blend gaming with more traditional drama, Black Mirror ahead of its time as ever
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
we enjoyed it, a little self-referential (and yes repetitive albeit you can exit to credits without a lot of the repetition). Sure that a genre of this type of TV or film will emerge and blend gaming with more traditional drama, Black Mirror ahead of its time as ever
Multiple ending books have been around for a long time - well, we used them for the kids in the 1990s/2000s - I'm sure if there was a big demand for the genre in film it would have been done to death by now.

Filming alternative timelines costs a lot of money for very little benefit, other than as the odd novelty.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Multiple ending books have been around for a long time - well, we used them for the kids in the 1990s/2000s - I'm sure if there was a big demand for the genre in film it would have been done to death by now.

Filming alternative timelines costs a lot of money for very little benefit, other than as the odd novelty.
Was reading them myself in the 70s/80s. This form of entertainment exists already in gaming which as an industry is worth way more than for example movies.

One limitation on that growth is the need for a specific device. Smartphones removed it for mobile gaming and smart TV/this sort of content will blur the lines on home use and start to reduce the need for consoles/PCs.

Gaming needs better story writers and screen is where they are. This is one way they will converge just as sport and esports are already starting to e.g. premier league teams signing FIFA gaming pros.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
you know you can use [ spoiler] tags [ /spoiler]

it blew my tiny little mind when i found out jeff was going to be in it!

(if you arent aware of his work, check out polybius on playstation VR if you can)
Wow didn't know that was Jeff Minter. His games were always a bit too far out for me in the 1980s with the multi coloured Llamas etc.

I think Bandersnatch was a real homage to gaming. I think they based the main game writer on Mathew Smith (and notice the Manic Miner (or was it Jet Set Willy) poster.

Loved seeing the authentic WH Smith shop circa 1982.

I worked with a guy from Chicago once who invented an in house games copying system for WHSmith where they could make up the games in house on blank cassettes rather than buying physical copies (of course with publishers on board).