Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jan 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Delta v virgin atlantic

We are looking at booking a holiday on travel republic for next november and if you choose the Delta direct flights over the Virgin direct flights it is over £100 cheaper for the flights. I do realise that Delta codeshare with virgin and it does say that it will be
using Virgin flights. It is obvious to me that they are the same flights just under different airlines! My question is would we still be able
to claim flying club miles if we booked with Delta? and is there any
advantages/disadvantages booking one airline over the other? Any info would be greatly appreciated !

THanks
Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

With that price difference I would check that the Delta flights include hold baggage. Most Delta flights appear as Basic Economy which is hand baggage only.
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Yes you still get airmiles, we booked virgin flights with delta a couple of years ago. Booked with delta again for August and already added our flying club numbers to the booking.

Ours was cheaper with delta too, we booked main cabin so get luggage included.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you have to pay to book seats with Delta? If you don’t that might be something else to consider.☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

You do get VS airmiles with DL. Personally I like them both, was actually quite impressed with Delta last year. If I had to choose though just on a slim preference it would be Virgin.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

We've booked flights for August, Virgin out and coming back on Delta, so is that right I can collect airmiles from the Delta leg of our journey as well?
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Do you have to pay to book seats with Delta? If you don’t that might be something else to consider.☺️
You don't pay to book seats with Delta or Virgin (unless you have a basic or lite fare).
Old 3 Jan 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
We've booked flights for August, Virgin out and coming back on Delta, so is that right I can collect airmiles from the Delta leg of our journey as well?
Yes you can
Old 3 Jan 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
You do get VS airmiles with DL. Personally I like them both, was actually quite impressed with Delta last year. If I had to choose though just on a slim preference it would be Virgin.
When we went to NY last summer we flew out Virgin and back Delta. I preferred the Virgin flight but the Delta one was perfectly reasonable.
Old 4 Jan 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all replies!

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List