Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Jan 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Personally if budget allows, I would book table service places mostly, and pay the extra.

Steakhouse, Yacht Club, Bistro Chez Remy (park hours only so lunch may be a better option) or Captain Jack’s (again, park hours only) all good options. Also Silver Spur gets mixed reviews, but we paid up for the more expensive set menu and I was pleasantly surprised.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Thanks Gill. Bistro Chez Remy theme looks great but the menu doesn't really do it for us which is a shame as I would like to go but maybe on a future visit. Captain Jack's is a definite and Annette's is more our style of food (we have simple tastes really) so was thinking to throw a buffet in we were getting 3 different styles of places to try. Looks like it will be Captain Jack's, Billy Bobs and Annette's but we have plenty of time to decide
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Personally if budget allows, I would book table service places mostly, and pay the extra.
Oooh, I love a buffet! Even if I had the premium dining plan I'd still do Plaza Gdns, Agrabah and Cape Cod! But then I'm a greedy wotsit
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Oooh, I love a buffet! Even if I had the premium dining plan I'd still do Plaza Gdns, Agrabah and Cape Cod! But then I'm a greedy wotsit
I'm the same, much rather a buffet than a sit down meal. I like to just pay upfront and then be free to eat as much or as little as I like! It's also a great way to try things you'd never order a full meal of!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post

Steakhouse, Yacht Club, Bistro Chez Remy (park hours only so lunch may be a better option) or Captain Jack’s (again, park hours only) all good options. Also Silver Spur gets mixed reviews, but we paid up for the more expensive set menu and I was pleasantly surprised.
Yep, we did a couple of buffets and a couple of table service meals, we wished we’d gone for all table service as it gave us a much needed break from people 😬 - our favourite was Yacht Club.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
miamivice
Excited about Disney

just a clarification (or really for us a bonus question) - booking for 7 nights we get the free half board at sequoia. pretty sure that includes buffet breakfast.

but what does the other entitle us to? we are more sit down meal people, but don't mind an odd buffet. we did remys last year and will do again (do we get money off the bill?)

any help appreciated as the info on the website is confusing.

thanks
2017 - The hunt for Baymax August 2017 - Pre-trip
miamivice is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by miamivice View Post
just a clarification (or really for us a bonus question) - booking for 7 nights we get the free half board at sequoia. pretty sure that includes buffet breakfast.

but what does the other entitle us to? we are more sit down meal people, but don't mind an odd buffet. we did remys last year and will do again (do we get money off the bill?)

any help appreciated as the info on the website is confusing.

thanks
As you are going in May you will get the buffet breakfast (they are doing away with the grab and go breakfast in March).

Sequoia is Plus level so your vouchers will be valid in pretty much all Disney-owned restaurants except the Premium ones (Walt’s, Cali Grill, Inventions, Auberge and I think Cafe Mickey?)

So you can do any of the buffets (in parks, Village or hotels) plus Remy, Captain Jack’s, Silver Spur, Yacht Club, Steakhouse, Annettes. Have I forgotten any?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
miamivice
Excited about Disney

thanks - i wasn't sure it was so comprehensive, so is a bonus.

we are going in august, so free breakfast and then a sit down meal will suit us just fine.

thanks for the help
2017 - The hunt for Baymax August 2017 - Pre-trip
miamivice is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Thanks for this thread full of such helpful responses - as others have said the DLP website info is confusing with no list of places where we can use our vouchers (unless I’ve missed it) We’ve booked Newport Bay for December with free half board. I gather that this will be buffet breakfast in hotel, and had assumed the choose for lunch/dinner was the lowest of the available tiers, however I see on this thread that Sequoia lodge gives plus level dining - will that be the same for Newport Bay? Also, is there an option to eat breakfast in the parks? We were last there in 2014 and booked breakfast in Plaza gardens instead of hotel on one of the days at no extra cost (it wasn’t a character breakfast at PG when we went, just normal buffet) Thanks for any details you can share, or info on where I can find the full list.

Edited at 12:42 PM.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by bigplan415 View Post
Thanks for this thread full of such helpful responses - as others have said the DLP website info is confusing with no list of places where we can use our vouchers (unless I’ve missed it) We’ve booked Newport Bay for December with free half board. I gather that this will be buffet breakfast in hotel, and had assumed the choose for lunch/dinner was the lowest of the available tiers, however I see on this thread that Sequoia lodge gives plus level dining - will that be the same for Newport Bay? Also, is there an option to eat breakfast in the parks? We were last there in 2014 and booked breakfast in Plaza gardens instead of hotel on one of the days at no extra cost (it wasn’t a character breakfast at PG when we went, just normal buffet) Thanks for any details you can share, or info on where I can find the full list.
Yes it will be plus level. Found plus level set meals in the table service restaurants to be pretty good. As others have said, I would avoid all of the quick service places in the parks, not worth the bother!
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List