Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jan 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Laing
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Hi I appreciate all the comments and this is an expensive package but it does include unlimited drinks and we will be there for Independence Day so thought would be a nice treat as I’d already booked a table at r&c but could only get 5:30 anyway it was due to go on sale today and no tables avail for any days of our whole trip
I called Disney dining and she said she doesn’t think it been loaded to the system yet as she looked for every month and no tables so said to try again in few days ! Has anyone else heard anything ?
Laing is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Laing View Post
Hi I appreciate all the comments and this is an expensive package but it does include unlimited drinks and we will be there for Independence Day so thought would be a nice treat as I’d already booked a table at r&c but could only get 5:30 anyway it was due to go on sale today and no tables avail for any days of our whole trip
I called Disney dining and she said she doesn’t think it been loaded to the system yet as she looked for every month and no tables so said to try again in few days ! Has anyone else heard anything ?
I've not checked on MDE myself (we're there 4th July too) but on TheDis people are reporting that they have managed to book a table over different dates - strange! 😳
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like it's only available to book until end of April at the moment!
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

It took ages for the times to get loaded onto the system. I was trying yesterday from 11am and just kept getting the message saying no tables available. Eventually about 5:30 I managed to book it. I was looking for 10 April.

It is a lot of money and I’m not hugely keen on R&C but we have 3 very small children and this will be our last opportunity to see Illuminations which is my favourite fireworks show and holds a lot of sentimental memories for me so I decided the extortionate price was worth it for a guaranteed seated view of the fireworks that didn’t require me trying to entertain 3 very young children for 1-2 hours to hold the spot! I shall be attempting to get my moneys worth in the unlimited alcohol!

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

Oh and I had to pay in full for the meal when I booked

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy View Post
Oh and I had to pay in full for the meal when I booked
Glad you managed to book.
I didn’t know you had to pay in full on making your ADR!
Is the cancellation policy the same as other ADR’s?
😊
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

At $85.90 x 9 makes it expensive for us and not worth it on DDP
Will take the chance as we are seeing illuminations twice hopefully and it’s worth asking for a decent seat regardless
Is the package every single night or just certain dates/days anyone know?
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

For us it's a no brainer. We love illuminations and are so sad it's ending may will be our last chance to see it.

We never managed to get a patio seat at rose and crown even though we tried so this is a nice way to guarantee priority.

add in unlimited drinks and we're very happy we managed to book it
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Absolutely ridiculous price. When will the money grab end?

Answer- recession I suppose.
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
For us it's a no brainer. We love illuminations and are so sad it's ending may will be our last chance to see it...
... add in unlimited drinks and we're very happy we managed to book it
We’re exactly the same Illuminations holds a special place in our hearts. The kids who will be 21 & 22 have grown up watching it and we’re all sad to see it go so for me this is a special way to say goodbye to the show that holds some of our of our most treasured memories.

Also unlimited drinks are a bonus

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Absolutely ridiculous price. When will the money grab end...
Whether something is a money grab or not depends on the personal value people place on things. Judging by the comments here and elsewhere this will be very popular and will no doubt have sold out some, if not all of the time.

As far as I’m concerned Disney have been very clever tapping into a sentimental market and creating a product to fill that void.

I was never one for Cinderella’s Royal table back in the day, when it was the must do event. I though it was too expensive and it didn’t appeal to us but this event means something to the 3 of us so I’ll be booking it regardless of price.

We have so many special memories of Illuminations both as a family and sharing it with lots of different friends over the years. You can’t put a value on something that means so much on a personal level.

Edited at 09:00 AM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List