Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Jan 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile The ‘hornetgirl made me do it’ food report November 2018!

Day 4 - Epcot and the actual day we ate at d-luxe burger

We had an 8.10 reservation this morning for garden grill at Epcot with intentions of riding soarin before the park got busy. This worked beautifully, we rode it twice before the park opened, including front row centre which is the best experience, the film from anywhere else really is shocking.

Anyway onto the food, garden grill as I’m sure most people are aware is served family style. This was 100% my stand out breakfast of the trip, the food was great, the service was good tho he did seem to be covering a lot of tables and the character interaction was fabulous.

I could totally eat that cinnamon roll right now my mouth is actually watering! And a mickey waffle shot because who doesn’t love a mickey waffle 😁

We ‘lunched’ round the food and wine booths and i apparently was having far too much fun eating the food to photograph the food because this picture of the totally amazing bourbon cheesecake appears to be the only one I have! This was the Saturday of the race weekend and the park was super busy which may also have impacted photo taking!

We’d then booked a beverage tasting Nicholas Feuillante champagne 😁 this wasn’t terribly expensive, around the $15 mark and well worth it in my opinion. A lovely way to spend 45 mins enjoying some champagne and air conditioning and the guy presenting was a character too!

We then headed back to chill out for a bit. And this is where the confused bit is 😂. I now have zero idea what we did for dinner yesterday, I am guessing we went to goods to go again? Because I have photos to prove today was d-luxe lol so take all those comments from yesterday imagine I’ve written them here and have a couple of photos 😉

Excuse the fries on hubbys burger his appears to be the only one I took a photo of and the fries were already there!

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 5 - animal kingdom yak and yeti lunch and dinner at Olivia’s at OkW

We are off to animal kingdom today, breakfast was in the room. And it’s fair to assume that if I don’t say we are doing something else that’s what we do. We bought bagels, waffles, cereal, milk and juice the other day when we got our bud light lime 😁😁

The bus didn’t fill me with excitement about the possible crowd levels! 😱

Lunch was at yak and yeti, and tho the food and the view we had was great (we had an upstairs corner table with views both ways out over the park) I don’t think we will be back any time soon. We waited over 30 mins past our adr time, and the service was so slow it was painful, and whilst I know some of that could have been down to making mom plain prawns that weren’t on the menu (most things had garlic) it shouldn’t have been as long as it was. We all enjoyed what we ate tho. I had the halibut from the specials menu which was cooked perfectly, dad had the same, mom had prawns and Pete had a steak which he enjoyed and everyone had yak attack cocktails 😁 love me a yak attack

Halibut

Moms prawns

Petes steak

I don’t recall what everyone else had for dessert but I had these beauties the sweet won tons 😁

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 5 continued - Olivia’s

We left the park after a torrential downpour 🙈 at about 4ish as we were meeting a friend of mine for dinner at Olivia’s at our resort at 8. This turned out to be a very pleasant meal and I would definitely go again.

We had cocktails and I am failing you totally because I can’t remember what they were 😂😂 I’m pretty sure one of them is a turtle krawl? And I think the other is a rum swizzle, dad had the same as me and I think mom decided to be a grown up and had a glass of Kim Crawford Sauvignon blanc, from here forward I’m just going to say she had wine because this is always what she had!

Cocktails

For food 3 had the chicken (fabulous apparently) dad had ribs and I had salmon. All delicious.

Chicken

Ribs

Salmon

Dessert was a totally fabulous banana bread pudding sundae, which I have no photo of 🙈 but trust me it was amazing and I definitely recommend trying it 😁

Old 12 Jan 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great update the food at yak and yeti looks good as does the yak attack cocktail.
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for sharing this and loving the pics already. Main thread title still says 2017 though
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve got no idea how to change the title to 2018 🙄 I’ve tried but failed lol if any mods come by and are able to change it please do!

Old 14 Jan 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 6 - spirit of the swamp airboat, typhoon lagoon and citricos for dinner.

Breakfast was in the room again as we had to meet the people from spirit of the swamp at 8.30 for our 9am cruise. So bagels, porridge, waffles, fruit juice and coffee around the group. Spirit of the swamp was awesome I highly recommend it, the best airboat tour we’ve done.

No pictures from typhoon as I didn’t have my phone out and forgot to take pictures on the waterproof camera. We ate at typhoon Tilly’s. without photos I want to say that dad and hubby had burgers, mom had some kind of salad? And I made the mistake of ordering the vegetarian sausage bowl which was absolutely vile! Don’t do it kids 😂

Typhoon was quiet and we had a lovely afternoon literally walking onto all the rafts and slides.

Dinner tonight was citricos which was a new restaurant to us, we took the bus to Epcot and the monorail from there as the buses had stopped super early for the cast party. We arrived with a little time to spare. We had planned drinks in mizners lounge, but it was completely rammed! So we had a walk around the hotel checked out the building of the gingerbread house and then went to check in.

This turned out to be pretty much the stand out meal of the trip for everyone. Service was great, food was amazing, absolutely no complaints 😁 no drink photos 🙄 mom and I had wine, dad had some kind of mojito or margarita and Pete had a beer. We decided to push the boat out and ordered starters too.

To start we had some very yummy bread, I’m pretty sure some was already out of the basket when this was taken

I only have pictures of 3 starters I think mom didn’t order one but here they are

Tuna tartare - I had this it was fabulous

Pete had the arancini rice balls with mushrooms

And dad had the mushroom and chestnut bisque which he also really enjoyed. They brought a bowl with the accoutrement in it and then poured the soup at the table which was a nice show.

Mains were the scallops and risotto for me, really lovely the scallops were cooked to perfection

Mom also had the scallops but couldn’t have the risotto as it’s premade with garlic. So they made them with veggies for her

I’m now slightly confused, I know dad had the short ribs and that’s the following, also amazing

The next dish is what Pete had and I thought it was swordfish? But that’s now not on the menu so your guess is as good as mine lol

We all had dessert

I had the chocolate cherry torte I could totally eat this right now 🤤

Mom had no sugar added mango lime sorbet

Dad had baileys cheesecake

And Pete had his beloved key lime tart

This was a wonderful meal I highly recommend a visit, not a difficult one to get a reservation for either

Old 19 Jan 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Love Citricos
Old 5 Feb 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
loving this so far x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You are taunting me with the Garden Grill breakfast, I really want to go back. That mountain of tater tots in your photo is just begging me to dig in.

A pity about the slow service at Yak and Yeti, all of the food looks great though.

We are big Olivia’s fans, we ate there numerous times we stayed at OKW and have returned for future visits even when we’ve stayed elsewhere. Your salmon looks beautiful and I can confirm that the fried chicken is very good.

Citricos looks fabulous, especially the desserts. We really loved our meal there, and I’d say we prefer it to Narcoossee’s. I feels a little more special, and I think actually eating in the main building really adds to the experience,

collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List