Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jan 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Please Critique My Dining Plans

Help, I can't fit all the restaurants in!

We're staying 12 nights at POFQ in August and are two adults and two kids (but eldest is age 12 so on adult dining plan). We have the DDP and will be at Universal for a few days before we get to Disney.

Here are my current plans:
  • First full day - Sat 17th Aug Epcot - Garden Grill breakfast
  • Sun 18th Aug - Animal Kingdom - Tuskar House lunch
  • Mon 19th Aug - Blizzard Beach - Ohana breakfast
  • Tues 20th Aug - Chill out day - Homecomin lunch
  • Weds 21st Aug - Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti dinner
  • Thurs 22nd Aug - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace breakfast
  • Fri 23rd Aug - Epcot - Restaurant Marrakesh
  • Sat 24th Aug - Hollywood Studios - Scifi dine in theatre
  • Sun 25th Aug - Cali Grill Brunch
  • Mon 26th Aug - Typhoon Lagoon - Raglan Road dinner
  • Tues 27th Aug - MK (hopefully for MNSSHP) Tony's Town Square for a late lunch before the party
  • Weds 28th Aug - home

I need to drop something so we can fit in the new Storybook Dining at Wilderness Lodge, but I can't decide what.
The only place we've eaten at before is Tuskar House, but for breakfast, so maybe we should drop that.
The kids really want to eat at Ohana for breakfast to meet Stitch so I can't drop that.
I"m struggling with my Hollywood Studios choice of Scifi dine in theatre - I went for that more because we don't want a huge dinner the night before Cali Grill brunch. Maybe I could move the Ohana breakfast to here and go to Storybook dining after Blizzard Beach? But I was thinking we might go to HS for the evening if we're not too worn out.
Or maybe swap Homecomin? But I really want fried chicken and doughnuts!

Other places I'd like to go to but currently aren't on the list:
Teppan Edo (but I think I have to rule that out as the kids really won't like it.)
Beaches and Cream
Any other ideas?
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Have you considered doing a Fantasmic dining package? That would ensure excellent seats for the show at HS.

The one I’m excited about is Sanaa.

We’ve discounted Tuskar House based on the review on Disney Food Blog.
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Dog
Trying for More Ears

If you're doing Tony's for lunch at MK you should make it the Parade package.
Slinky Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'd drop Tony's Town Square and just have QS before the party or do Storybook Dining early that evening before getting the boat over for the party. The food at TTS is fine but not noteworthy if you're running short on TS credits anyway.

And same for your HS day - if you're not that bothered about going to Sci Fi, just have QS there and save the TS credits for another day. You could even pop out of the park and get the boat (or walk) over to Beaches & Cream instead.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post
Have you considered doing a Fantasmic dining package? That would ensure excellent seats for the show at HS.

I have thought about the Fantasmic dining package, but we've seen Fantasmic and haven't managed to see the Star Wars fireworks, so I think I'm going to prioritise them for when we are at HS.

I'd love to go to Sanaa - I need more days at Disney!
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Slinky Dog View Post
If you're doing Tony's for lunch at MK you should make it the Parade package.
I'm not sure if the timings would work as I was kind of thinking of eating at about 3pm to make the most of the Halloween Party. It's a good point though if I end up moving this to another day.
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I'd drop Tony's Town Square and just have QS before the party or do Storybook Dining early that evening before getting the boat over for the party. The food at TTS is fine but not noteworthy if you're running short on TS credits anyway.

And same for your HS day - if you're not that bothered about going to Sci Fi, just have QS there and save the TS credits for another day. You could even pop out of the park and get the boat (or walk) over to Beaches & Cream instead.
Hmm.. I think you may be right about TTS, especially as DD1 has just informed me that she really wants to go to BOG for breakfast again and that would be the only day we could do it. (She remembers the cronut!) Then we would have a credit to use elsewhere...
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

Been to both, Tusker House is excellent especially breakfast or lunch with the characters. I was somewhat underwhelmed with Sanaa - good value I guess if on DDP but it was a bit of a mess when we were there and food very average for prices apart from the bread which was superb - great setting though.
Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post

Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It is so difficult to decide isn't it! I think you will just have to face facts that you will have to book to go again so you can fit all the dining in!😉

We will be there the same time as you. The only one I would have dropped was the Ohana breakfast as we did that last time and it was disappointing but as you've said your kids would like to meet stitch you'll want to keep it (and we may have gone at an off time)
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
It is so difficult to decide isn't it! I think you will just have to face facts that you will have to book to go again so you can fit all the dining in!😉

We will be there the same time as you. The only one I would have dropped was the Ohana breakfast as we did that last time and it was disappointing but as you've said your kids would like to meet stitch you'll want to keep it (and we may have gone at an off time)
I think you are right, the only option is to go again. (I have secret plans for 2021 )

I think I've kind of decided for now to drop the Tuskar House lunch as we've been there before. I also remembered that Trattoria al Forno breakfast was on my wish list but I don't think we can fit that in. We did consider booking it for the last day before we leave for the airport but I'd rather not have any concrete plans and will probably just go to Disney Springs for our last morning.

I might book some of these anyway as extras so I can change my mind nearer the time.