Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tonigary
Imagineer

Yes, they are a great ladies to work for, Ive been on light duties for 8 months, before my operation, my hands just wouldnt let me do what I wanted. They all have been great
tonigary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
The company I work for is like this if you have 2 occasions of sickness in 26 weeks you face a disciplinary action.
I was off in September due to an accident on the shop floor and then 2 weeks ago with norovirus, I started back last Wednesday and my manager tried to discipline me until I pointed out that I'd been off with a work related accident on the first occasion.
When I was a nurse two members of staff had an accident on the ward at the same time due to a faulty floor surface. They both had injuries that required surgery. They both had disciplinary hearings due to resulting sickness. I suppose management would say they are treating everyone the same but to me it seems unfair. One of the people actually took early retirement as a result of ongoing pain.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tonigary
Imagineer

Thats shocking Vinniecat.

Saying that, my other half left work early to go to the dentist and his boss stopped him 1 hours pay, and the annoying thing is, he hasn't had a day off in 8 years. He doesnt even get paid if he is off sick. I hate the company he works for. Hopefully he will start looking for another job, but he is 60 in a few weeks, and really you dont want to change at this age
tonigary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonigary View Post
Pretty71 they did say to me, have my other hand done in 12 weeks, but I have decided against it. I will wait until my right hand feels alot better.

Toni
After having the first one day I couldn't wait to get the second one done. It wasn't even that bad but the symptoms are cured so immediately i went for it. You won't regret it. I had my right one done first and for the first 10 days it's a nightmare because you can't do a thing but I found the left much easier as I am right handed.
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List