Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Jan 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

1 breakfast and 1 dinner ideas please

Hi dibbers,

My SIL, her OH and baby have just booked to come visit us while we are in Florida for a couple of days (they live in California). We haven’t seen them in over a year and we have both had babies since we last met so it’s going to be very special to see them!

They land on the Thursday night so I was thinking of us all going to breakfast on the Friday morning before Epcot.

On the Saturday I’m thinking of booking a dinner reservation for us all before they head home on the Sunday.

I need recommendations for breakfast and dinner please! Somewhere in WDW... Somewhere nice but somewhere we can chat, have good food, pass the babies round for cuddles etc ...

There will be 6 of us (4 adults, 2 babies).
Not fussed about character meals and am aware that v. Popular places like ohana will be fully booked.

Any suggestions welcome!
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

How will transport affect the breakfast decision? Will you bus/drive yourself/ or taxi etc to Epcot? Olivia's at OKW is nice but it's a pain switching buses to get there.

Same question with dinner I suppose - Turf Club at your own resort is nice but how far are you prepared to travel across resort with the babies?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Both parties have a car so we will be driving. SIL is staying off site but only 10 mins away from SSR.

I was thinking of booking breakfast in Epcot but I’m not keen on garden grill as don’t really want a character breakfast and don’t know of anywhere else?
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

Your only sit down breakfast options in Epcot are Garden grill and Akershus which are both character, if you don't want characters i would suggest swapping to a lunch as there are lots of options in Epcot.
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Will they also have park tickets, or is it a visit just to see you? Also are you wanting to pay on DDP, or all OOP?

Although most of the TS breakfasts are character, particularly those in the parks. For non-character on DDP in the Epcot area, I'd suggest Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club. If not on DDP, maybe one of the Swan & Dolphin resorts? I'm not too familiar with their breakfast options though. You can then stroll into to Epcot via the International Gateway entrance. Otherwise I'd go to Kona at the Poly, they could park at TTC (about 5-10 mins walk from the Poly entrance) then all monorail to Epcot afterwards.

Dinner, maybe somewhere in Disney Springs as it's convenient for you at SSR and they'll have free parking coming from off site? Lots of choices there - Homecomin' would be my favourite TS. Saturday nights in DS are busy, but you should be able to book as they're not AS popular as places like Ohana since it attracts more locals who aren't booking 6 months out. A lot of the DS restaurants also accept OpenTable bookings if you can't find anything on MDE.

Edited at 01:14 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Will they also have park tickets, or is it a visit just to see you? Also are you wanting to pay on DDP, or all OOP?

Although most of the TS breakfasts are character, particularly those in the parks. For non-character on DDP in the Epcot area, I'd suggest Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club. If not on DDP, maybe one of the Swan & Dolphin resorts? I'm not too familiar with their breakfast options though. You can then stroll into to Epcot via the International Gateway entrance. Otherwise I'd go to Kona at the Poly, they could park at TTC (about 5-10 mins walk from the Poly entrance) then all monorail to Epcot afterwards.

Dinner, maybe somewhere in Disney Springs as it's convenient for you at SSR and they'll have free parking coming from off site? Lots of choices there - Homecomin' would be my favourite TS. Saturday nights in DS are busy, but you should be able to book as they're not AS popular as places like Ohana since it attracts more locals who aren't booking 6 months out. A lot of the DS restaurants also accept OpenTable bookings if you can't find anything on MDE.

They are getting 2 day park tickets to join us at the parks. We are on the DDP but they will be paying OOP.

Will check out the restaurants you mentioned, thank you.
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Wonder if lunch would be a better option given their bodies will be on West Coast time. Might be a bit of a struggle for them to make it from offsite to WDW for an early breakfast.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Wonder if lunch would be a better option given their bodies will be on West Coast time. Might be a bit of a struggle for them to make it from offsite to WDW for an early breakfast.
Yes maybe I could book a lunch in world showcase epcot on the Friday and then dinner somewhere on the Saturday.
Old 14 Jan 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donz23 View Post
Yes maybe I could book a lunch in world showcase epcot on the Friday and then dinner somewhere on the Saturday.
Or as the flower and garden festival will be on maybe just snack around the world showcase instead of booking a lunch - less pressure to be somewhere at a certain time ... just thought it would be nice for us to all sit down together but it might be more hassle than it's worth... especially with a 4 month and 9 month old!

Then just book a dinner for the Saturday night somewhere... probably DS or a hotel