Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jan 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Batman1
Having Dinner with Goofy

Universal one night booking queries

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked millions of times but we're first timers so would just like to be sure before booking.

So, we decided to do the 1 night stay at Universal to get the fast passes etc and we are aware of the early check in and 2 days passes but have one or 2 questions which I hope someone can advise on;

My understanding is that there are 3 hotels offering the fast passes. Is there any difference in them in terms of quality/location. If you had the choice which one would you pick?

Do you have to pay for parking at the hotels? If you arrive at 0730 on check in day and leave the car until the following evening, how much does it cost and how do you pay for it?
Batman1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Following
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I prefer HRH out of the three hotels, only ever stayed at PB out of the other two and found HRH a 'better vibe'. It's a 10 min walk or rickshaw ride for a tip to the parks.

You would pay 1 night overnight parking fee charged to your room account - it's about $20+tax self park or $28+Tax / tip to valet.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Batman1 View Post
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked millions of times but we're first timers so would just like to be sure before booking.

So, we decided to do the 1 night stay at Universal to get the fast passes etc and we are aware of the early check in and 2 days passes but have one or 2 questions which I hope someone can advise on;

My understanding is that there are 3 hotels offering the fast passes. Is there any difference in them in terms of quality/location. If you had the choice which one would you pick?

Do you have to pay for parking at the hotels? If you arrive at 0730 on check in day and leave the car until the following evening, how much does it cost and how do you pay for it?
We are looking to do the same but haven't done it before. Be interesting to see the replies. Though I do know all 3 hotels are amazing and you won't go wrong with any of them from the comments on here I've read.

I believe the hotels are Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and Portafino Bay. Hard Rock is slightly more expensive of the 3 usually.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at Royal Pacific and found it amazing. A short boat ride or walk away. You pay 1 nights worth of parking, which would cover you for both days. It was roughly $22 per tax. This was in 2017.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

As you are only staying one night I would go with the cheapest, normally it’s royal Pacific, all 3 hotels are amazing anyway. Portifino is usually the highest price per night.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

We’re gong to be staying at HRH for one night in may.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

only ever stayed at HRH so cant compare but its great literally a 10 minute walk from the entrance , you can also take a boat

from what ive read its the most expensive (location the best? never looked at the others in depth?) but imo well worth it, great vice at the hotel & being able to nip back & forth in 10 mins is a deal breaker

dont think we would goto universal without at least one night club level at HRH, its our treat for the holiday
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Batman1
Having Dinner with Goofy

So, looking at the three hotels, we are considering the HRH club level as we dropped discovery cove.

In the HRH, is the club level worth the extra, if we're only doing 1 night?
What benefits do you get on top of the standard rooms?
Batman1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Batman1 View Post
So, looking at the three hotels, we are considering the HRH club level as we dropped discovery cove.

In the HRH, is the club level worth the extra, if we're only doing 1 night?
What benefits do you get on top of the standard rooms?
You get snacks and desserts in the evening, continental breakfast in the morning and soft drinks available all day. We're trying it for the first time at the end of this month and will be doing a report with pictures of the offerings.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List