Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Jan 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Best character dining and OOP meals

Hey,

We are starting to look at menus as this is our first time on site and want to be prepared for ADR day. This trip is a surprise for my son, he will find out the day before we travel.

This is our first time on the QSDP and although we considered upgrading we don’t think we would eat enough sit down meals to warrant it so are going to have a couple of OOP meals.

Last time we did Tusker House lunch, Garden Grill breakfast and Be Our Guest dinner and don’t want to repeat anything we’ve already done.

We want to do one character meal and were thinking of Chef Mickeys for dinner. Any pros and cons to this? I thought it would be a good idea to book this about 7pm then go on in to MK and do the extra evening hours and make the most of the rides during the fireworks as we want to save the fireworks for our last night. I’m a vegetarian but the boys eat anything.

The other one we were thinking to do OOP is Via Napoli. Any pros or cons to this one?

Otherwise on QSDP am I right in thinking the only ADRs needed are Pizzafari dinner and BOG breakfast?

Thanks in advance x
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyhol
Excited about Disney

disneyhol's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi!

In terms of character meals we really enjoyed:
Crystal Palace (Winnie the pooh characters)
1900 Park Fare @ GF (Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland characters) - though only tried breakfast.
Ohana @ Polynesian (Lilo & Stitch, Mickey, Minnie etc) The characters were definitely there at breakfast, but I can't remember for tea! We really enjoyed the food there though for tea, for main they come round with fresh food and you pick what you want (may not be ideal if you are a vegetarian though as it was mainly meat).

We weren't too keen on Chef Mickey's due to the food and slowness of characters coming round, though with kids this might be a bit more of an enjoyable experience! Everyone is different and service changes every time.. Its a great plan though to eat somewhere on the monorail and then go into MK IMO, if you do eat at Contemporary you could even walk over!

We loved Via Napoli, try to go there every time we visit. I swear the pizza keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Not sure about the ADR's on QSDP, hopefully someone else can help out with this one.

We MISTAKENLY ate on the Deluxe Dining Plan last year so I feel like we have ate at pretty much everywhere onsite, so any questions, please shout...

Happy planning!
x
Old 15 Jan 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for your response, following the news of the MNSSHP dates we may change this and book Chef Mickeys on the way out on that day now!
Thanks for the confirmation that Via Napoli is a good choice as well, Italy is one of my favorite countries so seemed a nice one to stop in.
Wow bet the deluxe DDP was a lot of food! I’m looking at the QSDP and thinking wow that’s a lot of food, can’t imagine 2 x table service per day 🙈
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oop we like Liberty tree , mama Melrose and via Napoli . Character meals we love chef mickeys and Crystal Palace , but garden grill is one of our favourites . I did really enjoy crt though , I thought the dinner was wonderful and it’s was special eating in the castle and I was 45 at the time !
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We like Chef Mickey, brunch is good, we had a late brunch slot (2ish) and it was really quiet in there. You get breakfast and non breakfast foods and it’s slightly cheaper than dinner too.

If any of you like Little Mermaid or Tangled then Bon Voyage breakfast is really good
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Oop we like Liberty tree , mama Melrose and via Napoli . Character meals we love chef mickeys and Crystal Palace , but garden grill is one of our favourites . I did really enjoy crt though , I thought the dinner was wonderful and it’s was special eating in the castle and I was 45 at the time !
I love the idea of CRT but as we’re only doing 1 character meal this time can just imagine my sons face 😂 he’s not in to the princesses at all!
Old 15 Jan 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
We like Chef Mickey, brunch is good, we had a late brunch slot (2ish) and it was really quiet in there. You get breakfast and non breakfast foods and it’s slightly cheaper than dinner too.

If any of you like Little Mermaid or Tangled then Bon Voyage breakfast is really good
Thank you, I’ll have a look at brunch as an option, they’ve just released the MNSSHP dates so now thinking of booking brunch or early dinner on the way out as the party starts instead.

The Bon Voyage looks really nice too, I might try and squeeze that in too as the Princes are there too aren’t they? Hopefully that’ll appease Charlie (my 8 year old DS)
Old 15 Jan 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
I love the idea of CRT but as we’re only doing 1 character meal this time can just imagine my sons face 😂 he’s not in to the princesses at all!
I took dh and my two sons ( both teenagers ) if I had to do the car show they HAD to do crt , oh and they all loved it with the attention from the princesses
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love this 😂

Maybe Charlie will appreciate this more in a few years 😉
Old 15 Jan 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
Thank you, I’ll have a look at brunch as an option, they’ve just released the MNSSHP dates so now thinking of booking brunch or early dinner on the way out as the party starts instead.

The Bon Voyage looks really nice too, I might try and squeeze that in too as the Princes are there too aren’t they? Hopefully that’ll appease Charlie (my 8 year old DS)
Yes you get Ariel and Eric, and Rapunzel and Flynn, if you can sell that to your son! I did it with just my two younger boys as my 7 year old loves princesses, whilst my eldest did Kennedy Space Center with DH. Possibly a harder sell if he isn’t a fan
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List