Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Yes..I bet the rest of the world are saying 'who are these muppets' Laughing stock.
That’s what I shouted at the TV whilst watching it - “this is worse than the muppet show!” the way they carry on it’s just embarrassing
Old 17 Jan 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Have you not seen footage from ‘parliament’ in other countries over the years?

So, yes our MPs heckling & jeering is childish but pales in comparison to throwing eggs, punches, fist fights & rolling round on the floor scrapping!

Edited at 09:56 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Live pantomime on our screens - they are all playing a game called politics and it seems that none of us have been privileged enough to receive the rules - despite paying for the whole charade and their wages too.

I've taken to not listening today and will probably stay that way for a while until they sort out what they all want, not what 'we ' want as a country.

In other news... Good to see the £ stay steady today against the $ and a few stories coming out of the woodwork from European leaders for the first time getting a bit twitchy about all of this

Lets face it nobody actually knows where this will end up

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
To put a slightly different viewpoint on this. Firstly I agree when it comes to the "big" publicly viewed debates they appear to be a disgrace but by all accounts no better or worse than they have ever been in their history. All those great parliamentarians from the past indulged in this type of behaviour at some time.

However I have from time to time turned on the parliament channel during a normal day and you can see what happens the vast majority of the time. People are polite to each other, they give way for others to speak, they make valid points in a sensible way. In the committees they can get things done.

The yesterdays "up skirting" legislation. While the idea and much of the hard work was started by a women unconnected to parliament and good for her, the work of turning it into a workable was done by the MP's and Civil Servants. While things can easily be seen as face value to be simple they still need to be turned into laws which the police and courts can deal with and thats the bread and butter job of the house of commons.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

its like watching a bunch of overgrown boorish public school boys with no manners trying to decide where to eat lunch

coincidentally enough...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I try to swerve watching as much as possible, not that it's easy at the minute with all the coverage but I've seen better behaviour in a monkey enclosure at the zoo... They will be baring their bright red backsides next like the bunch of baboons they want to imitate 🙄🙄🙄
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
To put a slightly different viewpoint on this. Firstly I agree when it comes to the "big" publicly viewed debates they appear to be a disgrace but by all accounts no better or worse than they have ever been in their history. All those great parliamentarians from the past indulged in this type of behaviour at some time.

However I have from time to time turned on the parliament channel during a normal day and you can see what happens the vast majority of the time. People are polite to each other, they give way for others to speak, they make valid points in a sensible way. In the committees they can get things done.

The yesterdays "up skirting" legislation. While the idea and much of the hard work was started by a women unconnected to parliament and good for her, the work of turning it into a workable was done by the MP's and Civil Servants. While things can easily be seen as face value to be simple they still need to be turned into laws which the police and courts can deal with and thats the bread and butter job of the house of commons.
So why not just act in the civilised way when the whole world is watching or even better every time they are in parliament , their behaviour is disgraceful , they make us look like a laughing stock . No wonder we can’t get a deal.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
So why not just act in the civilised way when the whole world is watching or even better every time they are in parliament , their behaviour is disgraceful , they make us look like a laughing stock . No wonder we can’t get a deal.
It's almost like they're showing off to the cameras. Drives me insane, I want to bash their heads together and tell them to get a grip.
If I could get rid of one person out of that room it'd be Diane Abbott though. Or maybe John Bercow .. both of them are oxygen thieves.
Old 17 Jan 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Spitting Image would have had a field day with this lot!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Spitting Image would have had a field day with this lot!
Spitting image would have enough material,between this lot and trump, for another ten years worth of shows
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List