Premature Pretripulation
Day One - Travel
Day Two - Magic Kingdom
Day Three - Rest & MK
Day Four - Epcot & DTD
Day Five - Celebration & DHS
Day Six - Golf and Epcot with Dibbers

Day Seven - Saturday 25th August

After no sleep whatsoever due to an eight hour bedroom gymnastics marathon, Louise and I finally get up at around 8am. I then go for a two hour jog around the neighbourhood before coming back to the villa to call work and see if they want me to do a full day’s work from the villa.

After this totally unbelievable start to the day, we really did have some breakfast, and leave at around 8.30, which as usual is about half an hour later than I would ideally like to in order to get where we are going when I wanted to.

Typhoon Lagoon was bracing itself for the gun show, with good reason. At 9.03 we rolled into the car park, and as predicted this was just a little too late to secure ourselves any form of shade whatsoever. I do question the logic of having a total of six umbrellas for a water park that holds thousands. After wandering around the park at least for one full circuit, we find a quiet corner which affords a few slithers of shade created by trees and my guns.

Before my backside has touched a seat, the girls are off into the wave pool. Once I am larded up, I wander to the side of the wave pool hoping to take some photos of the girls. I couldn’t really see them, and I really wanted to test the camera to make sure it was working after not using it since last night. The zoom function specifically needed a good test and I was looking around for something to photograph. Focussing on nothing in particular I snap away just to get it warmed up, and the camera.

With that necessary evil out of the way I finally locate the girls and get some snaps. See how they have found a spot next to some unsuitable young boys. I know they are unsuitable as they are breathing.

Soon enough….

Photos done I return to my chair in the shade and read, a lot. Louise reads, sunbathes and stuff until the girls come back and see if we are going to go in the lazy river with them. That sounds a suitable ride for my energy levels today so I agree. Several women faint at the hunk of burning milk bottle moving amongst them, and it is a relief to all when I enter the ring. It wasn’t easy, especially with everyone watching, but the sun cream helped me slip in a little easier than I might.

Once afloat, I laid back and enjoyed the sun, as I have to say the water was a little cold at first, and with my nether regions hanging out of the ring, I had an extra pair of tonsils for a while. We did two laps of the park which is probably the longest I have stayed inside a ring for some considerable years, indeed maybe ever.

With all that exertion we felt the need for an early lunch, so at 11.30 we headed for the counter service place, the name of which escapes me, but I’m sure it is some sort of hilarious pun on some water/sea based thing.

I had Pulled Pork, but I suspect that was probably caused trying to get into that ring.

Both the girls had the standard burger and Louise had a Chilli Hot Dog, which let’s face it wouldn't be the first time, and I would daresay won’t be the last.

We tuck in quickly before the squadrons of birds can find us.

Too late

Many more appeared, not helped by Louise feeding them bacon, which surely can’t be right?

Leaving a scene from a Hitchcock film behind us we scarper back to our spot. Disregarding everything my parents ever told me about waiting an hour after food before swimming I go into the wave pool with the girls. After a while Emily and I had a wander around the park to have a look at all the slides she wouldn't want to go on, discovered she indeed didn't want to go on any, and then walked back to Louise and Rebecca who were prone.

Reading happened again and at some point the girls wandered off again to no doubt swim near some spotty herberts with too much fringe and acne. At around 3pm, Louise admits that she can take no more sun. It has only been the six hours of sunbathing, so that is a surprise, but we pack up and head for the car.

On the way home we stop at Wal-Mart as we need to stock up on hurricane supplies. Isaac has been making his way towards Florida since we got here. We know this as there is an update every ten minutes on the news, with each update lasting about nine minutes, with the other minute advertising the next update.

There is a modicum of panic buying with the water shelves a little empty, but we get our emergency supplies, which did include water, but also those state of emergency supplies such as Corn Dogs, wine, donuts and some cans of pop.

Prepared for anything we finish the journey home and watch endless updates on the hurricane I just blew $90 on which tell me it is now going to miss us completely and hit somewhere near New Orleans. I consider eBay to sell on my emergency supplies to someone in that area, but decide against it.

Having got home in the early afternoon, my notes bemoan the amount of time it took to leave the house again. I record a departure time of 7.30, which means the prep time for the females today set some sort of record. In the meantime I was on first name terms with the weather man off of Channel 13, and his weather on the ones. I think I probably had a read of my book on the number twos as well.

Tonight for reasons even I could not explain, I had Ruby Tuesdays on the plan. So the sat nav was set, and off we went. We were hungry, and as such my heart sank as I saw that it was twelve long miles away down the slow moving 192. I cannot disobey the plan and do anything crazy like stop at another restaurant nearer to home so we plough on, and finally arrive some time later.

Once there, I noted that it looked a little below par from the exterior, and having to park around the back, it was probably one of the very few times I have felt less than perfectly safe in Florida. We are seated immediately, and it is only the jollity of our server that stopped me from leaving before ordering our food.

I was glad we stayed as the food was lovely.

Me – BBQ Ribs. I suspect they tracked down some sort of dinosaur based upon their size

Rebecca – BBQ Chicken

A sign of our hunger was the not waiting for Dad to take photos of the food, as is normally the rule.

Louise – Steak of some sort with some other stuff

Emily – Chicken Pasta

Emily and I had a small dessert. Emily…..

I ordered something promisingly called a Blondie, but some sort of dessert arrived instead.

Emily did her best.

No photographic evidence is required to establish what was on my plate as we left.

The bill was a slightly shocking $91 plus tip, which seemed a little more expensive than other similar restaurants, but nothing to grumble about as we enjoyed it.

The ladies waited at the front door as I walked around the rear of the building to get the car. Now dark, I walked a little quicker than I normally might I must admit, and was glad to drive away without hijack. As had been the case yesterday, Rebecca again was complaining of not feeling well, and so any plans we had to go to Old Town were scuppered. Emily suspected foul play from her sister, feigning illness as she was just knackered and wanted to go to bed. I defuse any potential fall-out or conflict in my usual genial manner by telling them both to shut up, grow up and get over it. Parenting of the highest order.

We are home by 10 and all fall into bed feeling tired and full. I once again thrill and delight Louise in the bedroom………..by falling asleep facing the other way so I don’t breathe on her.

Tomorrow – Animal Kingdom

Edited at 09:30 AM.
mkingdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiga6
Imagineer

can you please write your trip reports quicker?!
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
another great day Craig well done on fitting the trippies in with the new job!
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Sounds a fun day

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NuttyBird
Imagineer

Fab as always!
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pologeorge
Excited about Disney

Another fab report.

Oct 08 GLENBROOK VILLA
Oct 10 CALABAY PARC VILLA
Feb 13 SANDY RIDGE VILLA
pologeorge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Literally lolling with various family members wondering what the hell I'm reading. Thanks Craig, classic reporting.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Great read

1993, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2012- Orlando
2011 Disney Magic Med Cruise
2007 & 2008 - DLP
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Brilliant as always.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 12, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
chinkyboy
slightly serious Dibber

chinkyboy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another cracking report Craig, parenting skills of the highest order.
chinkyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread