Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 21 Feb 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Possible big changes at Crossroads Shopping Centre

I noticed this article on WFTV9 which indicates that there are going to be big changes at Crossroads and it looks as though Goodings supermarket will close. It is all connected with the Florida Department of Transport hoping to improve the junctions around the area - more traffic chaos eventually.

wftv/news/local/busi...KdpstN1SoMYKRk

Mods - I was unsure which area to post this so please feel free to move if you think necessary.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

as i understand most if not all the area will be flattened to make a new off ramp from the i4 making getting into disney easier from that end onto Hotel Plaza Boulevard

to be honest i'd assumed it had already started as was being talked about in 2017 when we last went?

EDIT indeed its being flattened completely

Edited at 10:14 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’d heard this was being postponed?
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wez View Post
I’d heard this was being postponed?
I read it on a news feed from US news last night as starting 2020 - I'd forgotten it was due to go.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Its a pity its been delayed as this junction is a right pain in the bum..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am quite pleased it seems to have been delayed. I don't drive and walk up to crossroads for goodings and restaurants! Initially thought it would all be closed when I got there this year.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Stopping the area for the first time in April. Was not sure about it starting when researching the area but everything I read said it would not start until after 2020.
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

This was first reported months ago, if it makes things easier on I4 then I’m all for it
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

shame for those us who like staying in this area, we often walk down from Grande Villas for a bite to eat at crossroads, with this gone there are far less options for eating in the immediate area?

wonder whos is paying for all this, as it seems only disney will gain & the surrounding hotels/eateries will not...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
shame for those us who like staying in this area, we often walk down from Grande Villas for a bite to eat at crossroads, with this gone there are far less options for eating in the immediate area?

wonder whos is paying for all this, as it seems only disney will gain & the surrounding hotels/eateries will not...
Its not done for Disney's benefit but the locals who use this badly designed and over used junction. Its not fit for purpose any more..

The DoT is paying and doing the work.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List