Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemca
Very Serious Dibber

Huntington Beach

Anybody stayed here? Would you recommend it? We are looking at staying here for 3 nights in July for the beach, we are not going to any theme parks just relaxing for a few days.
clairemca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Haven’t stayed here but visited a few times and it was OK. I have stayed at Pismo Beach and Avila Beach and really enjoyed a relaxing few days at these places. We stayed at Lighthouse Suites in both locations and the rooms/free breakfast/pool etc. were great.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for two nights on our last trip to California. We really enjoyed the resort feel and the fact they provided chairs and umbrellas for the beach. Our first night we got pizza and ate it on our balcony, looking out to sea and drinking fizz. Next day after a morning at the beach, we spent some time in the pool and then had dinner (and avocado margaritas!) on site. It was a lovely relaxing start to the holiday and I know it was a success as DH, who isn’t really into the beach thing, wants to do it again on our next trip!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemca
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for two nights on our last trip to California. We really enjoyed the resort feel and the fact they provided chairs and umbrellas for the beach. Our first night we got pizza and ate it on our balcony, looking out to sea and drinking fizz. Next day after a morning at the beach, we spent some time in the pool and then had dinner (and avocado margaritas!) on site. It was a lovely relaxing start to the holiday and I know it was a success as DH, who isn’t really into the beach thing, wants to do it again on our next trip!
This sounds exactly what I am looking for

Is there restaurants, shops etc in walking distance from this hotel?
clairemca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Definitely places to eat within walking distance along the waterfront; as we didn’t visit any I can’t comment on quality.

Shops I’m not sure, we didn’t go looking for them tbh.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Crowne Plaza on Redondo beach up the road is nice. Couple of piers, a Cheesecake factory and a seafood restaraunt over the road.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
There are some lovely shops in Huntingdon beach we spend a morning there each trip . You have lots of smaller shops and then chains like forever 21 .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrblack
a Friend of the DIBB

We've stayed at the Shorebreak hotel multiple times. Absolutely love HB, my favourite place.

It's a fantastic place to stay for relaxing. Great for shopping or maybe that's just us. Main Street, which is very close to the Shorebreak, has a lot of really good shops, lots of surf/skate brand clothing. Pacific City is just down the road, closer to the Hilton and Hyatt resorts. There's good restaurants there, decent shopping too, but personally I enjoy Main Street more.

The pier is nice for a stroll and it's an alternative place to watch all the surfing from, rather than just watching from the beach. Ruby's Diner at the end of the pier is good for traditional diner fare, but there's plenty of those around so you may visit it elsewhere. It's quite an icon at the end of the pier and is included in loads of art and pictures of HB.

There's a Cheesecake Factory, but it's not near the coast, it's in the Bella Terra mall. Took us about 20 minutes to drive there in October. Only doing a pick-up so haven't eaten there or been around the shops.
mrblack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemca
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone

It sounds like Huntington Beach is ideal for us.