Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Mar 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I think the night time offering at HS is much better - fantasmic being one of my favourites so with that in mind I would be doing AK earlier on trying to get on FOP at rope drop or with FP if you can get one. I've done everest as single rider and it was a walk on. the safari will also be good in the morning. you could always swap to HS early afternoon as opposed to mid day and try and do SDD last thing? I think no matter where you go the queues will be worse mid afternoon
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CandiR24
Earning More Ears

Hi guys! Thanks so much! Think I will stick to HS in the morning, then head AK and just get on what we can, if we stay till the evening maybe skip the show and get on rides instead!

We are doing it on a Tuesday, and I’ve used the crowd Calendar so hopefully be ok!

Edited at 01:43 PM.
CandiR24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ron
Looking for my Ears

Good timing with this question :-D

I thought that we had our park days all sorted out until my wife had lunch with friends and now she is questioning whether we visit AK or HS.

Our original plan was:

Monday - Epcot (FP some rides in the morning and then eat/drink around the world for afternoon and evening)
Wednesday - RD MK and hit whatever rides we can until 11am or noon, then go to AK and use FPs for Na'Vi, Kali and Safari, and try to get onto Avatar just before closing.
Thursday - MK After Hours

Now I am wondering if we skip MK on Wednesday morning since we will likely be able to ride anything we want at the AH event, and then go to AK and HS on Wednesday. If we do that then I think we would go to HS at RD and try to get in a couple of rides early and still head to AK for the afternoon. So the new plan becomes:

Monday - Epcot (FP some rides in the morning and then eat/drink around the world for afternoon and evening)
Wednesday - RD HS and hit whatever rides we can until 11am or noon, then go to AK and use FPs for Na'Vi, Kali and Safari, and try to get onto Avatar just before closing.
Thursday - MK After Hours
Captain Ron is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
CandiR24
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi captain Ron,

Yes we’re pretty much doing your second plan minus MK! However I don’t think I’m going to get FP for avatar rides and safari so potentially have some lengthy wait times!
CandiR24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ron
Looking for my Ears

You may be OK with the Safari, but Avatar is scarce. We have FPs for Na'vi, Kali River and Safari for that Wednesday afternoon and I'd rather not mess with them, so doing HS in the morning seems like the best option for us. Honestly, we had decided not to do it because we're not really interested in the rides except the Rock n Roller Coaster, and I can live without that :-D

We'll be there in 3 weeks, so we need to make up our mind!
Captain Ron is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CandiR24
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Are you staying on site? We only have 30 days to book our fast passes for avatar and a lot say they run out by time you come up for 30 days
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ron
Looking for my Ears

No. We’re using timeshare points so we are off site. We only had 30 days as well. You can look at FP availability for future dates on this site but I’m too new to port the URL

The link is in the menus on the right side.

At least that will give you an idea of what is open as your 30 day window opens.