Notices

Old 1 Mar 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Argentina: Summer In Winter - Spring 2019: Day 6 - Patagonia

Another day, another flight (our 5th!) and another airport (our sixth! )

I woke up very early (like 2.30am early) and struggled to get back to sleep! O managed yo the alarm at 5.30am. We both took showers and then went down to get our pre-booked taxi.

Check in was reasonably quick. We went to get some breakfast before security - coffee, juice and toast!

Security was busy but the checks fairly light again! No getting anything out of your bag here!

Boarding was on time - a fairly packed flight. The demographics were mainly in the 60+ category. O felt very young!

The flight time was 3h15 - we just got a drink and a packet of crisps. We landed at about 11.40am.

It took a while for the bags to cone through as three flights landed together! Then all the bags had to be x-rayed!

We had booked a transfer - but had to wait about 20 minutes for the other passengers to arrive. We took the opportunity to grab some water and a snack!

The transfer took about 20 minutes. We were staying in a hotel overlooking the lake on on elevated position. The hotel was run by Juan, a young guy who was full of enthusiasm. As we had a tour st 3pm he suggested we go to the hotel next door for lunch.

Pizza again - a bit heavy on the cheese! But it gilled a hole!

This was the view from the hotel!

We were picked up at 3pm for a trip to Cerra Frios where, despite my vow to never do it again, we were going zip-lining. O adores anything like this so being the good mum, I booked it as a bit of a surprise.

The drive up took about 30 minutes to get to the place. One other person was doing the zip-lining and the others were either doing a 4x4 safari or horse riding.

We were kitted out with the gear and helmets and then drove up to the start point inna very old Land Rover that at times I thought would conk out! we had two guides on the five zip-lines.

The view was impressive!

Another view! The photos don't really do it justice!

And a last one

It was a lit of fun - though apparently my screams were if the what am I doing here type whereas O's were of the this is absolutely fabulous type

And yes - that is me!

It was a fun way to spend the afternoon!

Back at the base house we had cake and a drink before being taken back to El Calafate. We got dropped in the centre as we realised that as it was about 7pm we should eat!

The town is very bustling - lots of cafes, restaurants and shops. We managed to buy some artisanal magnets for less than 1 euro each.

All we knew was we didn't want pizza! I ended up with eggs and chips which hit the spot! O had gnocchi which was less successful!

O then had some ice cream - dulce de leche, chocolate and oreos.

We walked back to the hotel, got our stuff ready for the following day and set the alarm for 7.15am - and I think fell asleep as soon ad our heads hit the pillow!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 2 Mar 19 12:56 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Go you on the zip line. Sounds like fun and what a contrast in scenery.
Pizza seems to be a staple food this trip !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done on doing the zip wire once again some lovely photos

Joan
Old 3 Mar 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Go you on the zip line. Sounds like fun and what a contrast in scenery.
Pizza seems to be a staple food this trip !
The zipline was better than I feared

I think I am pizzaed out!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

So brave doing the zip wire. You should visit Wales and take O to the zip wire here, it’s the longest or highest? in the world I believe (and no, I haven’t tried it, but have friends who did and said it was awesome) 😂

Your holiday seems so much fun, even my DH (who never reads trip reports) is following along with me when I read your updates each day. Your egg and chips look so good, sometimes the simplest food is the best, although O’s ice cream looks amazing too 😂

Edited at 01:11 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
So brave doing the zip wire. You should visit Wales and take O to the zip wire here, it’s the longest or highest? in the world I believe (and no, I haven’t tried it, but have friends who did and said it was awesome) 😂

Your holiday seems so much fun, even my DH (who never reads trip reports) is following along with me when I read your updates each day. Your egg and chips look so good, sometimes the simplest food is the best, although O’s ice cream looks amazing too 😂
O would love that - me probably not

It is certainly a fabulous holiday - and so nice to spend time with O before he leaves for university in August!

And to your DH
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Well done on the zip lining - that’s really brave
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love zip lining! Well done, looks fab!
And your egg and chips mmmm...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
My daughter really wants to go to Patagonia as it’s welsh speaking! Did you hear anyone speaking welsh?
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List