Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 2 Mar 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
VIP Dibber

Air France cheapest

I just found these flights on Skyscanner. Less than 300 without luggage and an additional 140 return for a 23kg case.

It is with Air France. Am I right in thinking this is operated by Virgin under a codeshare?

philinmerthyr Loves the DIBBcast Disney Podcast
Unread 2 Mar 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Trying for More Ears

Ive just seen the same flights and wondering whether to hit the button! Slightly different dates to you.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
VIP Dibber

It is a virgin codeshare. On virgin the economy plus is 100 extra but it includes seat booking as well as a 23kg bag. The 70 extra with AirFrance is only for the bag.

If I book the codeshare can I contact Virgin to pay to book seats?
Unread 2 Mar 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
Apprentice Imagineer

If you book a codeshare you go to the airline operating the flights e.g. Virgin to book seats yes. One thing though, Virgin don't have flights up quite yet for start of Feb.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Saratoga Springs - going home :)
Unread 2 Mar 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
If you book a codeshare you go to the airline operating the flights e.g. Virgin to book seats yes. One thing though, Virgin don't have flights up quite yet for start of Feb.
Thanks. So am I better off booking the basic flights on the AF codeshare for 296 return then wait to go to Virgin for luggage and seat upgrades?

Ive never booked a codeshare before
Unread 2 Mar 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Im going to wait until VA release theirs. With AF our family of 4 price is 998 but by the time I pay for luggage and seats it goes up to around 1478 once added on with virgin. Weve never paid more than 1200 for these dates direct with VA including luggage and seats. But a brilliant price still for this far out.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
slightly serious Dibber

I spotted these today as well. Want to go the Feb half term. 12-22 Feb 2020. 998 for the 4 of us. Not too worried about luggage. Might add 1 case between us later, that will cost 116. But 250pp direct over the half term is a bargain. Well I thought it was till I read your post panda!

Originally Posted by Tinythepanda View Post
Im going to wait until VA release theirs. With AF our family of 4 price is 998 but by the time I pay for luggage and seats it goes up to around 1478 once added on with virgin. Weve never paid more than 1200 for these dates direct with VA including luggage and seats. But a brilliant price still for this far out.
I would have paid 50 more for seats and luggage, but bird in the hand and all that. The feb half term booking is supposed to be a cheap make use of AP holiday for us. Air France guarantee to sit the party together with kids and Virgin at least 1 adult per child. Either way we will be fine. So flights for under 1k and I am pretty happy with that!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2 days AMI, 1 week CBR & 1 Week Villa!
Unread 2 Mar 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Yep its an amazing deal and were looking 12th-22nd. Were AP holders for Universal and trying to get another trip in 😂😂 only been back 4 days.
DVC Magic