Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Mar 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile 9 nights in California

Due to schools and work we can only manage a 9 night trip in October. There are some really good prices for flights to LAX, we have been to LA a few years ago and didn’t love it but we were only there as a stopover so didn’t explore very far. Would you bother going to the west coast for such a short time and if so what would you do while there, our eldest is 10 and youngest is 6, we’d have a car and are happy to drive and move hotels but don’t want to spend the whole trip in the car. There is a possibility I could do in to lax and out of San Fran or vice versus but wasn’t sure if this would be too much in the time.

Thanks

Bex
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

The shortest time that we’ve been is for 7 nights and that was due to school holidays too. We did 3 nights Anaheim and 4 nights more central LA.
I think with 9 nights I’d consider a twin centre between Anaheim and somewhere like Burbank spending extra time at Anaheim for Disney and possibly Knotts Berry Farm. You can land at LA and drive between the 2 places.
I personally don’t think 9 nights is enough time to comfortably do a SF to LA road trip and enjoy the journey down.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

If that is all you can do, then maybe fly in and out of LAX and do San Diego and Anaheim.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
If that is all you can do, then maybe fly in and out of LAX and do San Diego and Anaheim.
This was my thinking, maybe 2 nights Santa Monica, 3 nights Anaheim and 4 nights San Diego? We would like to visit Disney land but probably only a day in each park, maybe a 3rd day to do the bits we miss/like is this enough do you think? We want a bit of time just to relax

Bex
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

9 nights easy to do a coast trip depending on where you fly to and from. 2/3 nights San Fran , 2 nights Monterey , 1 n Santa Barbara and rest for your Disney fix.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This is exactly what we’re doing in April- I’ve just posted my itinerary in another thread but we’re doing 5 days at Disney, a day at Knotts and an organised tour of LA. We’re planning on taking it easy on travel days and the day after we arrive. I was initially wary of travelling for 10+ hours for less than a fortnight’s holiday but if we’d stayed longer we would have had to move to another city or run out of things to do! Neither of us wanted to drive either. I think you’ll have a great time!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We have done this for 8 nights in October before now. We spent the whole time in San Diego and had an amazing time.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bex272 View Post
This was my thinking, maybe 2 nights Santa Monica, 3 nights Anaheim and 4 nights San Diego? We would like to visit Disney land but probably only a day in each park, maybe a 3rd day to do the bits we miss/like is this enough do you think? We want a bit of time just to relax

Bex
3 Anaheim and 4 San Diego makes sense. Santa Monica makes sense if you plan to do a day on the coast and then a day doing other sights like Hollywood, throwing in maybe Warner Bros Studio Tour into that day. If its more Hollywood, Universal, Warner Bros, then I'd stay that side over in somewhere like Burbank.

For those number of nights I wouldn't do the San Fran and PCH side personally, I'd keep that for another time, you can more than fill the time doing SoCal and avoiding long drives.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List