Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Mar 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Just the Two of Us at DLP Feb 2019 - Day Two 20.02.19 *Part two*

This is the second part of Day Two, the first part can be found here. As I mentioned in the first part, I have somehow lost my notes for this afternoon so I'm relying on my memory and photos to piece together what we did!

We arrived in the Disneyland Parc and headed in the direction of Plaza Gardens for our 2pm reservation. We took a moment to enjoy the sounds and sights of main street, I think so many people rush through main street to get to the rides, we too are often guilty of this, but it was so nice to just spend some time taking it all in.

On our way to plaza gardens we saw Eeyore and Tigger were out meeting together, the queue was really long and we didn't want to miss our reservation so we just took a picture of them from afar instead.

We arrived at the restaurant and were put into the queue of people with reservations, we waited about 10 minutes to be seated. We were given a table on the right-hand side of the restaurant, quite close to the buffet.

The buffet selection here was ok, not as nice as at La Grange the night before but still enough for us to fill up on. Just after we returned to the table with our first plate of food a very unfortunate incident happened...

**disclaimer** don't read the next couple of paragraphs if you're eating or about to eat **end of disclaimer**

... the young boy on the table next to us stood up and promptly threw up all over himself, the table, the chairs and the floor - it was like something out of the exorcist. I felt so bad for the boy as his parents shouted at him (through embarrassment I'm sure) and just dragged him out of the restaurant and left.

The staff were quite slow to do anything the mess and needless to say sitting next to that did a great job of stifling our appetite. We asked to be moved but were told there would be a 20 minute wait for a new table (despite the restaurant being only 1/3 full) so we decided to just try and finish the plate of food we had and then promptly left.

In hindsight I probably should have been more insistent on being moved but Olivia doesn't like it when I cause a fuss.

Sad to say this isn't our only sickness-affected meal of the trip..more to come on that on day 5!

Once we left the restaurant we saw that Cyril the fruit carver was stationed outside. I'd seen his work on Twitter so knew I really wanted to meet him, we joined the fairly short queue and after about 10 minutes it was our turn. He showed us all his Watermelon carvings and then offered to carve Olivia's initial into an apple - She chose "L" for Liv.

We headed over to Discoveryland after this with the intention of going on Hyperspace Mountain but the queue was 90 minutes. Instead we went on Star Tours, the queue stated 45 minute but it was more like an hour. I was hoping I'd be rewarded with an English version but no, it was French again and exactly the same as the one we watched yesterday. It was still fun though!

We left Discoveryland and headed for adventureland, we spent a bit of time exploring the cave and just enjoying the amazing scenery and themeing in this land.

Liv was keen to get on another ride so we headed to Indy, the queue was about 40 minutes but it passed quite quickly as Liv and I were playing lots of word games.

Afterwards we headed to POTC, the queue time was showing at 60 minutes, I don't think I've ever queued that long for POTC before! It's one of Olivia's favourites though and she'd made a rule to herself that she'd go on it at least once every day so we reluctantly joined the queue. It wasn't quite 60 minutes in the end, nearer 45 minutes.

It was now around 5pm and the parade was just starting - I was hoping to catch this today but Olivia wasn't really up for it (i think by now her feet were really hurting and the thought of standing still for a while filled her with dread) so we made a promise to try and watch it tomorrow and instead headed to Buzz. The queue was showing as 65 minutes but I could see that the queue line didn't look that long; I was right we were actually on the ride in 25 minutes! I love this ride so much; it's so colourful and fun. Liv thought it was hilarious how luminous my top went:

After this we decided we'd like to sit down for a bit so headed over to Mickey's Philharmagique just before it closed and then we decided we'd had enough of the parks for one day.

I'd promised Olivia a trip to Val D'Europe during this trip so we decided tonight would be a good time to go. We left the park and made our way to the station, we bought our tickets from the machine and headed down to the RER platform.

Liv was pleased to see that these were double-decker trains too and quickly found herself a seat upstairs. It was about 5 minutes before the train left and then it was literally a couple of minutes until we arrived at Val D'Europe station.

The shopping centre is even better than I remember, with so many shops selling everything you can imagine. We headed straight for Primark; Olivia wanted to buy some face masks to do back the room tonight. We purchased two peel off ones, some shower gel, shampoo and conditioner and a pair of jogging bottoms for 15euros - bargain!

We had a look through a few other shops and contemplated finding somewhere to eat but we were both so tired we decided we would get the train home, have a rest in our room and then go out for dinner.

Once we got back to the train station Olivia spotted that the Relay shop sold sandwiches so suggested we just got one of these for dinner so we wouldn't have to go out again - you'll have seen from our pre-travel day that she's a fan of a meal deal

So armed with sandwiches, crisps and a drink each (French Fanta of course!) we headed back to the room. We got the bus back as there was one waiting as we came out of the station.

Back in the room I ran a bath that Liv and I were going to use as a foot bath to rest our very tired and achy feet, we then applied our face masks which was fun (who doesn't love peeling off a face mask?).

We then ate our sandwiches, got into bed and watched a bit of tv I'd downloaded. I'm pretty sure we were both asleep by 9.30pm

Edited at 02:44 PM.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List