Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Mar 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Not on the dining plan

Looked at the prices. Dear god I’ll stick to my patatas bravas at my local bar comes free with a drink

This review suggests it is 🤔
I’m going to book it and if it’s not properly signed up then we’ll cancel nearer the time.
I agree it’s a rip off but then so is a ropey character buffet and we all do it! 🤷

*Well most of us on DDP

Edited at 07:53 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
It's a bit unfair to judge a price compared to what you can get in the supermarket. If you did that with every restaurant you'd never eat out.
That’s very true but $20 dollars when a similar cocktail at a higher end restaurant at home is around £8 is a fairer comparison and I still think it’s overpriced.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
That’s very true but $20 dollars when a similar cocktail at a higher end restaurant at home is around £8 is a fairer comparison and I still think it’s overpriced.
Wise words. I am all for Companies making a decent profit and I roll with the price of drinks. But there is a World of difference in making a good profit as opposed to ripping people off.

I quite like the look of the menu. Will we go there? Not a chance in hell.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
This review suggests it is 🤔
I’m going to book it and if it’s not properly signed up then we’ll cancel nearer the time.
I agree it’s a rip off but then so is a ropey character buffet and we all do it! 🤷

*Well most of us on DDP
The dis unplugged review confirmed it is on DDP as a two credit signature.
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Wise words. I am all for Companies making a decent profit and I roll with the price of drinks. But there is a World of difference in making a good profit as opposed to ripping people off.

I quite like the look of the menu. Will we go there? Not a chance in hell.
My feelings exactly. Love the look of the food and cocktails, just feel its a rip off.

Watched the dis unplugged review on YouTube - they had a few small plates, shared an entree and had a dessert each and called it around $200 after tip with no AP or TIW discount. So it appears comparable to other signatures however they both admitted they weren’t particularly full and could still go another plate which would be unusual for me following a $200 meal for two.
Old 19 Mar 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
My feelings exactly. Love the look of the food and cocktails, just feel its a rip off.

Watched the dis unplugged review on YouTube - they had a few small plates, shared an entree and had a dessert each and called it around $200 after tip with no AP or TIW discount. So it appears comparable to other signatures however they both admitted they weren’t particularly full and could still go another plate which would be unusual for me following a $200 meal for two.
That is ridiculous.
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There is a review on another site similar to this one.

Their bill was $400!

However take a look at this. $45 for a wooden board full of god awful fat. I wouldn't pay 45 cents for that.

The 2 slices of bread look lost, please tell me that's not all you get?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
There is a review on another site similar to this one.

Their bill was $400!

However take a look at this. $45 for a wooden board full of god awful fat. I wouldn't pay 45 cents for that.

The 2 slices of bread look lost, please tell me that's not all you get?

Ha! Hopefully there’s more bread in a basket out of shot?!
I would never pay $400 for tapas but if we can use credits then we’ll give it a go.
OH loves authentic tapas so he’s looking forward to it! I hope he isn’t disappointed 😬

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I often find tapas massively underwhelming, including in Spain, normally leaving me hungry . Eating potatoes in sauce, calamari (and other fried foods) and hams doesn't do much for me personally but at these prices it certainly doesn't. Best one I've ever been to is a fantastic Italian Tapas on Castle Street Liverpool (they have a Spanish one in the City also). It was fantastic and about £5-7 a dish, not these prices!
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am guessing if it is a signature on the DDP the tapas wont be included it will be the main meals and a dessert. Not sure if they offer the Tapas how that would work unless it’s the set taster ones which are very expensive per head

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List