Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Mar 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

Upgraded with BA to Avis Group S likely vehicle ?

Hi Folks
I jumped on the recent BA car upgrade link and went from full size to Premium Suv Group S, plus got £211 back off my booking .
On my Avis Preferred App it is showing a Chevy Traverse, is this likely as would have preferred the Ford Explorer ? Anyone got experience with Group S and also if app is accurate in showing the Chevy or couod I get another vehicle ?

Edited at 11:18 PM.
markhunter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

There is a huge turnover of cars at mco, you won’t know for definite what your getting til you arrive. There normally quite good at letting you swap for another car in your category if you go to the hut and ask - dropping them a few $$$ may get you that explorer. We’ve got a group S booked for May so will let you know(if I remember I will try my best too) what vechiles they have
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

That would be great. Last Avis Preferred we ended up using out the swap bay as it was a pretty banged up Jeep sitting in our pick up bay.
Would take most that are listed I the category... i would like the Ford or the GMC, not heard to much on the Chevy Traverse?
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Funny you mention the Traverse as I've that category booked for this August (Miami then driving to Orlando) and had to do a bit of Google and YouTube-ing to get more info - they don't look too bad from the reviews and videos in my opinion, but depends on your taste
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mykeyb
Gone all Goofy

We also upgraded to a group S back at beginning of feb with Avis. From Miami International we picked up a Ford Explorer Limited which was pre allocated to us. It was a 7 seater with 3K on the clock working sat nav and all the bells and whistles and we were happy with that. We were hoping for a Traverse, and I looked on the US version of the app for what was available for swap, and the only swap available without paying for an upgrade was a much older VW Atlas. But over all we were happy with the Explorer
mykeyb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Did you call them or was there a link to do it online? I called as we've already booked W, I was potentially interested in a minivan just to be sure on the luggage front. I called but was quoted £300! I think we had a really good deal to begin with though.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mykeyb
Gone all Goofy

I called them up. Changing from a group F to S got me about a £10 refund in total.
mykeyb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mykeyb View Post
I called them up. Changing from a group F to S got me about a £10 refund in total.
So you upgraded one level, I really can not understand how BA work it out I have tried 3 times now the exact same as you but all 3 times they wanted stupid amounts to upgrade.

If I check on the app there is something like £12 difference in price, but I have also noticed each time I call they say they have hit a problem and put me on hold then say they had to do it a different way so I am guessing they are not getting correct upgrade prices for me.

I keep reading all these great results and wonder how and why it is not working out for my booking, I did get a good deal from the start the car cost around £250 for 15 days rental
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mykeyb
Gone all Goofy

I think it’s to do with the difference in between the price you originally paid at the beginning of the booking and the price now. If you originally paid at a higher rate and there’s a sale on now you could get a good deal. But if you originally got a bargain in a sale and there’s a sale on now the pricing is level. So your only paying the actual upgrade price. I’ve tried to see if there was anything for my summer trip but because I booked the trip in the sale and got a really good price, i don’t think there’s going to be any bargain upgrades.
Old 20 Mar 19, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes i called them to discuss an upgrade in car choice as i had read a previous thread. Upgrade from class E to Class S and got £186 back off holiday cost and that was with paying a £25 admin cost...
I was put on hold as well, but I was told it was due to the agent confirming the reduction was in fact correct.
Linked to my Avis Preferred already so i am delighted with a saving and upgrade.