Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Sep 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to this very much

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Following
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry about the lack of updates on this. If only I didn't have a day job.

WENDYS. NEW YORK AIRPORT.

After a nightmare getting back through security at New York, we arrived at the gate for our connecting flight early enough to get a quick Wendy’s. I have loved Wendy’s since the first time I visited American as a child. I had the Baconator burger (no fries) with a Dr Pepper and Lisa & Little Man shared 10 nuggets and both had an iced tea drink (I can’t remember which flavours).

A bacon cheeseburger from Wendy’s, with a Dr Pepper to drink, pretty much brought me back to my childhood holidays and was a great introduction to American food again. However, while it was good, it wasn’t amazing. Im not sure if it was just because of the location or whether things taste better with memories. It hit the spot though and ten times better than plane food. I think it was an edible reminder that we were in America. Please excuse the awful pics here, we were just hungry and tired, so trying to separate little man from his nuggets was something I didn’t want to risk. We also forgot the receipt but I think it came to around $12.

The Baconator. Trust me it looked much more appetising with the wrapper off

This is the extent of my food photography when tired and hungry. It does improve, I promise.

We ended up being delayed by an hour on our connecting flight, so Wendys kept us going until we finally got to Orlando.

We did get a snack on the flight from NYC to Orlando, but this was a simple packaged cookie and very “meh”, so again no photos.

Finally, we landed at MCO. We were there, we had arrived! After picking up the car and getting to the hotel (that nervous drive you always have while you try to remember how to drive over there and get used to a strange car).

We were staying at The Dolphin, which has plenty of places to eat, so we caved. The plan was to shower and then head out to find somewhere to eat. However, as the tiredness kicked in, we decided that to travel further than the hotel would be a non starter, so we settled for The Fountain at the hotel.

DINNER. THE FOUNTAIN AT THE DOLPHIN HOTEL

This is a burger and sundae kind of place. We all decided to get milkshakes, which is a really bad idea for a 6 year old at 8:30pm.

The shakes were amazing! Really good quality and great flavours. I went for the S’mores flavour, little man had chocolate and Lisa went for some Vanilla/Chocolate/Malt combo which again was amazing. The only downside to my s’mores shake was the pieces of chocolate and gram cracker in the shake, which tended to block the straw. To combat I ended up sucking harder (ooo er missus) and then ended up almost choking on my shake as it suddenly shot into my mouth like a fire extinguisher. Now I’m not sure if it was just jet lag or actual stupidity, but I repeated this choking manoeuvre 2 more times! These shakes were delicious but not really slimming world friendly. Ah well, diets start again when we get back.

My S'mores shake. So good!

Lisa's Coco Loco Shake. A vanilla/ chocolate combo

Little Man's chocolate shake. Why did we ever think this was a good idea?

We ordered some onion rings to share as a starter, forgetting American portion sizes. They were delicious, but by the time we finished we could have skipped the mains.

For mains, Little man went for the hotdog and fruit, which was nice and he enjoyed it but was pretty much the standard quick service hotdog you get at Disney. Lisa went for the hotdog with Chilli & Cheese, which she really enjoyed. She ate this in a very British Way by using a knife and fork to avoid covering herself with the chilli cheese mix.

I ended up with a buffalo grilled cheese chicken sandwich with blue cheese bits. This was great, a nice kick of spice, the tang of the blue cheese and nicely toasted. The fries were good too and just like the onion rings, there were loads! We All left some of our mains due to the rookie error of a side and massive milk shakes.

Little Man's Hotdog/Fruit Combo.

The onion rings were delicious. So many of them though!

Lisa's Chilli Cheese Dog.

My buffalo chicken grilled cheese. This really hit the spot!

The only downside to this whole meal was the price. It was $71 plus tip, which we thought was a little steep. It was really tasty and hassle free though, so we were happy and then went back to the room with every intention of a late swim. However I laid on the bed and instantly nodded off, leaving little man bouncing off the walls for 15 mins in a choc shake energy boost, before, almost mid bounce on the bed he sat down and went straight to sleep (or so I was told). A good first day and our first American meals didn’t disappoint.

Edited at 08:53 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Your description of you drinking your milkshake made me laugh 😂😂
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I love onion rings and those ones look gorgeous! Making me hungry and I've already had tea...
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I thought you were going to say the wee guy threw up. Or is that only in my world?
Old 26 Sep 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

Food at the fountain always looks really nice! Good choice and how convenient for you too

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Your first night's meals look good the chicken air plane meal looked rank. Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.
Old 19 Oct 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just found your reviews. Loved the food (and especially the shakes) at the fountain. The Peppermint Patty shake is my favourite. If you are a DVC member, they do a discount, which is a nice treat.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Those hot dogs look good. Interesting buns.

Can't wait to read more.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List