Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Mar 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

When to avoid?

Planning 1st trip next summer for my 40th. We're doing san fran, san Diego, Disneyland & universal.
My question is we can go anytime between last week june- 1st week September are there any dates/ weeks in this time frame to avoid were there maybe an increase in hotel prices and crowd levels in parks higher than normal?
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lalilu View Post
Planning 1st trip next summer for my 40th. We're doing san fran, san Diego, Disneyland & universal.
My question is we can go anytime between last week june- 1st week September are there any dates/ weeks in this time frame to avoid were there maybe an increase in hotel prices and crowd levels in parks higher than normal?
I would avoid the week of July 4th holiday, the weekend leading up to the Labor Day holiday (Sept 2nd), and the week of Comic Con in San Diego (dates vary but always takes place around the same time in July, this year it’s July 18-21. Check the Comic Con website after this year’s Con has ended for next year’s dates).

Edited at 03:18 PM.
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I'd look for when Star Wars Land opens at Disney as it will be rammed from then on over the summer.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

I'm looking at next summer so hopefully not as manic by then as it opens this summer!
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Hi Aims 😊 can you tell me when school's out for summer over there? Our children here in Portugal finish on the 15th June for the summer and were thinking maybe last 2 weeks June 2020!
Old 15 Mar 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Also planning the same trip next summer, for DH 40th.I was thinking mid August for 16-18 nights.I think with Star wats land being open it will be busy regardless.
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Aims 😊 can you tell me when school's out for summer over there? Our children here in Portugal finish on the 15th June for the summer and were thinking maybe last 2 weeks June 2020!
Hi Lalilu 😊 Schools in California will be out by the second week of June, so that means they will be finished just before or around the same time as your children. Schools in other states can have different schedules than California, a lot of them are out by end of May.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941

Edited at 06:45 PM.
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

We've been warned to avoid San Diego during Comic Con - it's 18-21 July this year, I assume a similar time next year.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are looking to book for next summer and originally planned the last 2 weeks in August flying home bank holiday weekend. We then realised ds will have finished college so decided it would be cheaper to fly out on bank holiday weekend and do the first 2 weeks in September but am now panicking about Labor Day! Which of the two plans would be best?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List