Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Mar 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ruby1966
Apprentice Imagineer

Undiagnosed medical condition and insurance.

Our insurance premium is already very high £500+.

I have now been told I need an MRI scan to check for MS and electrical tests for peripheral neuropathy.
I am wondering how this would affect my insurance if I'm diagnosed with anything before I go or if nothing is found how this will affect my insurance as I would be unsure what to disclose.

We really want to go on this trip but I am wondering if I should just cancel it now why we only lose the deposit.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ruby1966 View Post

I have now been told I need an MRI scan to check for MS and electrical tests for peripheral neuropathy.
I am wondering how this would affect my insurance if I'm diagnosed with anything before I go or if nothing is found how this will affect my insurance as I would be unsure what to disclose.

We really want to go on this trip but I am wondering if I should just cancel it now why we only lose the deposit.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Wait until you have your results and have an insurance screening before you cancel. Would be a shame to cancel and then find things are ok for your trip. Good luck with your test results, I know it is a worrying time waiting.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have travelled with an undiagnosed condition. I found a company prepared to insure me but anything specifically related to it was excluded. Considering what I knew about the symptoms and the chance of requiring emergency treatment I decided the risk was acceptable.

Your issues do sound more complex but a good place to start would be with a company you can actually talk to. They will almost certainly want to exclude anything relating to your symptoms. If so only you can decide if you can deal with the risk. If you can speak to your consultant too so you can make an informed choice
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I also think you should wait for the results. Insurance companies generally won’t cover anything requiring tests or investigations.
Have the tests done and then decide.
Our medical insurance supplement is usually pretty hefty. Like you we won’t lose much if we have to cancel. It was a bit of a relief not having to sort out insurance at the same time as booking the holiday this time!

I misunderstood and thought you hadn’t taken insurance out yet, sorry.
If you already have insurance you always need to notify them of any health changes, tell them about the proposed tests, then keep them in the loop as regards the outcome.

Edited at 11:07 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As soon as u have a diagnosis pls inform them.
I didnt. There was a 6 week delay from diagnosis til the decision was made i needed surgery and therefor unfit.to fly.
As i didnt inform them they refused to pay out xx
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Whilst planning our 2016 trip, I was awaiting an MS diagnosis. I struggled to get insurance prior to the diagnosis even though it was nailed on as MS. Eventually I got the diagnosis before we travelled and crazy as it sounds, it was actually a relief. Good luck.
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

@ruby1966 I'm sorry to hear that you are having a bad time of it.

I was waiting for a diagnosis on MS when we went last time but I had only just had a relapse and had insurance already in place and I didn't even think of telling them which was not he best move but fortunately there were no issues.
This time my premium has increased by about £15 because of the MS which is not going to break the bank.

I hope that it isn't MS as the condition isn't a whole heap of fun at times but it won't stop you from enjoying the magic out in Orlando.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by ruby1966 View Post
If you’ve already got a policy in place, check the terms and conditions you may have to disclose the MRI scan and electrical tests for peripheral neuropathy now rather then at the point you’re told of the results.

If you don’t currently have a policy in place you may need to advise of the same tests at the point you seek cover but, if you wait until after the after the tests you will be able to confirm the outcome of any results, if you wait to put a policy in place until after the results are known.

Either way, check any terms and conditions to ensure you are able to comply as every policy is different.
Hilton Orlando & Portofino Bay Resort 2016 / Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress & Royal Pacific Resort 2010 / Orlando World Center Marriott Resort 2009 / Hard Rock Hotel 2006 / Portofino Bay Resort 2005 / Port Orleans Riverside 2004 / Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 2003 / Orange Lake Resort & Country Club 1992 / Vistana Resort 1988
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List