Notices

Old 23 Jun 15, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

For anyone who hasn't already seen it on my other thread, this is the itinerary so far:-

Mon 24th

Arrive JFK 12.25
Check in at the Sanctuary Hotel, Times Square.
General browse around Times Square area, soak up the atmosphere & get our barings.
Maybe some shopping if time (M&M World, DisneyStore, Toy R Us?)
Ellen's Stardust Diner for dinner (DD's birthday)

Tues 25th

Chrysler Building
Grand Central Station
New York Public Library
Empire State Building
Flat Iron Building
Shopping / Browsing around 5th Ave and Madison Ave (Tiffanys, Apple, Nike, Adidas, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Hollister)
Evening - Aladdin (Tickets booked)

Wed 26th

Statue of Liberty (Crown Tickets booked)
Ellis Island
Charging Bull
9/11 Memorial
Century 21
Evening - The View cocktail lounge (for Stag/Hen do)

Thurs 27th

Wedding Day
Morning - getting ready
Afternoon - Central Park, ceremony 13.00
Various locations in Central Park for photo ops.
Meal now changed to Asiate
Horse and Carriage ride
Evening - Haven Rooftop Bar

Fri 28th

Premium Outlets Woodbury Common
Evening - Rockefeller Centre, Top of the Rock

Sat 29th

Highline
Chelsea Markets
Greenwich Village (Marc Jacobs)
East Village
SoHo
Evening - Phantom / Matilda (Tickets Booked)

Sun 30th

DUMBO
Brooklyn Bridge
Chinatown
Little Italy
TriBeCa

Mon 31st

American Museum of Natural History
Central Park (to see anything missed on the Wedding Day)
Last minute shopping
Leave JFK 22.05

... it is still a work in progress, so all comments and suggestions welcome!

Edited at 04:14 PM.
ally1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 15, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds great, we're going for the first time for our silver wedding in August, not done an Itinery yet so better get started.

1995 Kissimmee, 1997 & 2000 international drive
2008 Calabay Park,2011,2014,2016,2017 Lake Buena vista. 2018 DLP, Las Vegas
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 15, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
absolutely you need an itinary and a plan "b",though on our first pre booked visit to the wtc observation deck,its 102 floors up,after floor 50 couldnt see your nose for fog,what a mega dissappointment when we arrived at top, anyway returned 2 days later and after a little "blagging" they let us up for free,wow amazing 102 floors up in the lift in 47 seconds,",oh my ears"incredible view, also queued up at times square and got a whopping 50% discount on tickets for matilda,it was great,folk wanted aladdin or neverland (the gary barlow one) but zero tickets available that day, apparantly aladdin there are no or very rarely tickets available and neverland were available the following day at 30% reduction, bondy.
Hi, Sorry to jump on but we're wanting to do a theatre trip while there - Bondylad where did you buy your half price tickets please?
Wedding sounds fab - Cant wait to read about it!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 15, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

from the ticket office in times square (immediately to the right side of the red steps, you will understand when ur there), for evening shows they commence sale at 2pm on the day of show, for matinees they sell at 11am, most shows are available,though the more popular the less availability or discount, usually 30% though mainly 50%, i advise to be in times square around 30/45 minutes prior to office opening (there are at least 11 windows selling them,but out of line of sight) so q if any will move fast,they are mainly top price seats reduced by half so dont expect to buy for $20-40,(average prices were $70-00 upwards), if u buy and then want another show at a later date just show your ticket stubbs to guy on duty in the line and u will be automatically moved up to front,i think its within 2 weeks duration of original show, if u want cheap tickets full stop prob best to buy online b4 u go, but for us it was fabulous as in times square we people watched and took photos whilst in q but u dont want to waste hours in it, but u do get great seats, incidentally as soon as they can prior to opening there is an electronic board in front of u and they will post what shows are available that day that is a big help, regards, bondy.

Edited at 08:28 PM.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 15, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks Bondy, that's a great help x
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 15, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Firstly, Well Organised! I love New York, have been a couple of times and on both occasions didn't want to come back! I'm also a frequent visitor to Orlando and love the fact that the two cultures from FL to NY are so different. One of the things that I loved the best was sitting up in the bar at Grand Central and watching the world go by. It will be a memorable occasion all-round. Good luck to all!
Old 3 Jul 15, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
Firstly, Well Organised! I love New York, have been a couple of times and on both occasions didn't want to come back! I'm also a frequent visitor to Orlando and love the fact that the two cultures from FL to NY are so different. One of the things that I loved the best was sitting up in the bar at Grand Central and watching the world go by. It will be a memorable occasion all-round. Good luck to all!
Thanks, I can't wait, it is something that I really thought that we would never do so it really is a "holiday of a lifetime"!

I'm beyond excited about the wedding especially now they have such a beautiful venue confirmed for the meal.

Unbelievably I received an Email from The Boathouse last night asking whether we still wanted to book the 3 separate tables but reiterating their policy that they can't guarantee that the tables will be together... ummm... I don't think so! I'm undecided whether to just ignore it or whether to let them know exactly what I think of their standards of customer service.

Edited at 07:41 AM.
ally1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 15, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds fantastic. I can't wait to read all about your trip. Pleased you got another restaurant sorted, how disappointing about the Boathouse-not really the service you expect when booking a large group for such a special occasion. I really need to start reading up and making proper plans for our trip in October. Look forward to reading more.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

WOW sounds like a fabulous trip, and well done to you for all the organising and planning. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 12 Aug 15, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Sounds fantastic. I can't wait to read all about your trip. Pleased you got another restaurant sorted, how disappointing about the Boathouse-not really the service you expect when booking a large group for such a special occasion. I really need to start reading up and making proper plans for our trip in October. Look forward to reading more.
Thanks. I've loved reading everyone else's trippies. They've given me lots of ideas for this trip and for Florida, so hopefully I can repay the favour a little with this one! Also thought it would be a great way to record our experiences for us to look back on.