Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile lots of questions !

Which is your fav school holiday time to visit and why ?
Thinking of maybe one of the half terms, maybe February in the hope it'll be quiet.
Also how long do you go for? I'm thinking we would want to feel like we've had enough time to visit everything without rushing.
Also, do you know when the 25 year celebrations end, would be nice to fit them in.
Lastly, is the drive from the tunnel ok? We drove from the tunnel to holland last year and found that ok.
Thank you all very much for your help.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

We have done May bank holiday, October half term and end of August. For us we find end of August the best (I can feel the shocked looks! Lol!) It's warmer and we found the crowds no worse than October. But that's our personal choice.

Every time we've gone it's got longer! 3 days... 4 days ... 5 days... This time a week. But we are a "grown up" family (2 forty somethings, 22 year old and 14 year old) so looking at doing things outside the park and don't want to rush time in the park and staying in the newly furnished Newport Bay

If the 25 years celebrations are like any others, they will last 2 years... yes, really! But can't promise anything.

Been a while since DH has done the drive to Paris (we go Portsmouth - Le Havre now), but drives for work in France a lot and he prefers the France side of the drive to the M25 and M3!
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

We usually do May half term as no French school holidays and it's a bit warmer. I believe Oct half term is quite busy and Feb half term would be cold. We did go between Xmas and NY - lovely but very cold and busy, and Easter weather can be changeable and busier than May. Not sure how busy summer is
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Another vote for May half term here. February would be too cold and dark for me and October is supposed to be very busy as France schools are also on holiday. We found May to be moderately busy but more than manageable with extra magic hours and fastpasses. You also get longer park hours at the end of the May so have plenty of time to fit everything in.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Drive from the tunnel is an easy 3 hours approx, roads are usually pretty quiet except around the airport.

Is it your first trip? I'd recommend a minimum of 3 nights/4 days to do it at a leisurely pace. Although we have been for 2 nights before and got everything done we wanted to over the 3 days
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone!

Need to weigh up the higher prices in May with colder weather in Feb.
I reckon the drive sounds fine.
I was thinking of aiming for 4 nights but will have to see what we can afford. We have been before but dd was only 2 she'll be 12 when we go and ds would celebrate his 8th birthday there which would be fun !
After a fab trip to wdw it would be great to get a mini Disney fix and being cold actually sounds quite appealing after all that suncream.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

january to march each year is also major refurb time at DLP, its my least favourite time to go because of that.

May/June is my favourite time for long park hours, low crowd levels and decent weather. If you have to go in school holidays, May half term would be my preference (or April holidays if they don't coincide with Easter weekend or French school holidays).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We're deciding between May and August for next year. We went at the end of August last year (on my birthday because the prices dropped then for some reason) and loved it. It was too hot (37 degrees every day) but it didn't spoil the holiday. And it was busy, but we expected that, and it was our first trip so we loved every minute. We drove there and it was fine (5-6 hours to the tunnel, stopped for food at the terminal and then stretched our legs on the train, ready for the rest of the journey.) We had a little picnic tea at some services, stayed in the B&B overnight and arrived at DLP at about 9:30am, refreshed and ready to enjoy my birthday 🙂

I did think May half term might be nice for next year, getting cooler weather and a slightly quieter park, plus it's my dd's 11th birthday the following week, so it could be her birthday treat. But my other dd's birthday is end of July, so a summer holiday could be HER birthday treat! Still don't know what to do!
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List