Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Vouchers to redeem with KLM, Air France or Delta.

We have been given vouchers to use with one of the air lines listed. This was compensation for a poor experience with Delta last year; only provided after much debate over email !
Any way they have to be used by November 2017 and we have a holiday booked for September 2018. Hoping to find flights when they are released.
Can anyone recommend which airline they would use? Are they much the same? Any restrictions?
We are thinking KLM or Air France so if there are any significant delays we could make a claim as they are European airlines. This has put us off Delta but we will use if necessary, as the flights we generally ok.
Old 23 Apr 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi - sorry to hear your experience with Delta wasnt great. I have only had good flights with them.

I wasnt sure from your post whether you meant that the vouchers had to be allocated before November 2017 and offset against a ticket by then for later travel, or if the voucher and the flight had to be taken by November 2017 ? If the latter not sure how that would help your 2018 flight plans?

I had vouchers a couple of years ago from a Finnair flight. The expiration date on the voucher was the date that the flight had to be taken by.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I wouldn't book based on who you may claim future compensation from if needed.
Go for flight times / route that works for you.
As an aside I've flown with all 3 and prefer KLM.
Old 23 Apr 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
[QUOTE=FamilyGWales;12467833

I had vouchers a couple of years ago from a Finnair flight. The expiration date on the voucher was the date that the flight had to be taken by.[/QUOTE]

From the information we received it said the vouchers have to be used by November, it does not specify that we have to fly by then so hoped to use them for our 2018 flights. I guess I need to contact them to check I have read the information correctly.

I think we were just unlucky with Delta. I know lots of people rate them highly. We were happy with our flights until our return to JFK. The engine on the plane needed replacing and this delay caused us to miss our flight to LHR. Unfortunately this happened as a hurricane was moving in and they tried to tell us this was the cause of our delay despite already telling us about the engine! We got home 24 hours later than scheduled.

Just looking for opinions on who to fly with. We flew to Paris with Air France and we were happy but not sure what they are like for long haul.
Old 23 Apr 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post

We've had Delta vouchers before, we've made reservations for past the expiration date of the voucher.
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Thanks good to know. These were issued by KLM as they deal with all Delta complaints in Uk
I think I will check would hate to loose £600 by not confirming with them.
Old 24 Apr 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just complained to klm as our delta flight got cancelled from dtw-mic and I arranged my own flight. I'm hoping to at least get a partial refund for that part of the flight.

I booked on klm as codeshare.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

i got vouchers too for Delta for my journey last year home from Salt Lake City

I went to book at christmas for our flights for august however the woman said i could only book seats with the voucher in my name so i couldnt have it off my mums ticket? so the voucher was over the amount of the flight and she said once its used it used.

I had to ring up delta in america and explain to them that i needed to book these seats and can i have it over the two of the seats for me and my mum, i spoke to many people in the end i got the money off both flights.

I said i would never fly with delta again after the experience i got in may but i have a flight with them in june this year i just hope that its a better experience than last time

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post

My husband got a Delta voucher when he volunteered to give up his seat last year in March. He spent a bit of it on another flight. He had $240 left. He gave the voucher to our daughter to book a ticket for her and our Grandson to come in May. She used the money left on the voucher plus money to buy the two tickets. She booked their flights the week before the voucher expired.