Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Apr 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

The Grand Tour...Day 24 Cape Cod

A Level result day…

So this happened at 1am! DD woke us to let us know she got her desired results and had received an offer at her first choice Uni! WHOOP!

As we had experienced such excitement in the middle of the night we allowed ourselves a long lye in this morning! We purposely had absolutely nothing planned for today which felt quite strange…

I had tried to get DH and DS a day fishing trip but everything we found was so pricey that we chose to leave it. Oh well they’ll just have to spend more time with the girls, just glad DD was on a high!

We eventually went down for breakfast around 9.45am and it was so busy but still a great selection that was well stocked. The kids wanted to chill out around the outdoor pool so once we had rested our full stomachs we headed down and grabbed some sun loungers. It did get very warm so the kids made full use of the pool, but before long they were ready to move on… This is why we plan so much so we keep them occupied and kind of quiet!

After we had freshened up we jumped in the car and went for a drive. We ended up in Chatham, the home of the great white shark.

Recently the beaches had actually been closed due to sightings of the said shark! We weren’t planning on swimming so it was all good! We saw the lighthouse by the US Coastguard station and from here drove along the main street, all very nice.

As it was DD’s day she opted to go via A&W restaurant that she had spotted on our way for a burger and root beer! Both I and DD love rootbeer but the others hate it and A&W is the best! Four burgers, chips and drinks was around $40, it was okay not sure we’d rush back though!

On our way back into West Yarmouth we stopped at an ice cream creamery, it had really cute rocking chairs on the veranda, the ice cream was AMAZING!

We arrived back at the hotel and sat around the fire pit again, I love it, we are so investing in a fire pit for home!

It was a bit breezier tonight so we thought we’d go to the bar, on our way we notice the games room is empty so pop in for a game of pool. Anyway DH decides to challenge the kids to a punch ball strength game, obviously to show how macho he is… DD goes first, collects the highest score of the day and receives a free turn which DS takes and smashes the highest score his sister had just achieved. This sends DH into a bit of a spin which of course he had to now beat so in goes another $ and we had a bit of a drum roll as DH gets ready. So he punches the ball which then goes up but DH doesn’t stop and kind of follows through and ends up punching the machine next to it… Lots of skin removed from knuckles with girly screams had the rest of us rolling around the floor laughing! He never learns! Luckily the gym was next door so DD grabbed a towel and filled it with ice for him. The worse thing for him was he didn’t beat either of the kid’s scores!

Once we had composed ourselves we headed to the bar which was called the Moby Dick, the bartender was lovely and very chatty, he told us the same story three times! The interior was covered in $1 bills with messages written on them, was a lovely gesture.

DH quickly recovered, think the beer helped so he and the kids decided to go and make use of the pool facilities. I was very grateful for some me time and had a nice hot shower, painted my nails and chilled whilst watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. Once everyone was back we packed the suitcases ready for check out tomorrow…

Steps today; 4,701

Floors climbed; 20

*Tip of the day *Don’t compete with the teenagers!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Well done to your DD

Too funny about your DH - no wonder you laughed

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good day, I'd have laughed at my DH in the same circumstances!
Old 24 Apr 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Lovely to see photos of Chatham, we are staying there for a week next month! Can I ask where the ice cream shop was please?
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Lovely to see photos of Chatham, we are staying there for a week next month! Can I ask where the ice cream shop was please?
Lucky you! We really liked it there, to me it was what I pictured Cape Cod to be like.
The ice cream place was in South Yarmouth
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great news for your DD
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List