Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Apr 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Wow, what a great travel day with a baby, well done Marceline!

douchenozzle could possibly be my new favourite word!

Good choice from Jo to upgrade, I always live in hope of a free one. Totally agree that the choices at Artist Palette really aren't the best, we used it quite a bit on our last trip but that was a total rookie error from us!

looking forward to the rest
ha... there are plenty stronger words I could think of to describe him, but none I could use on the DIBB. Urgghhh... dont get me started on the food at AP! its not terrible, but its all so samey.

Originally Posted by Nobles@WDW View Post
Been eagerly awaiting this trip report and must I say... so worth the wait!
What a little star Marceline was on her first journey "Home".
Really looking forward to the rest of the report
Thank you... glad you enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy the rest of it.

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Brilliant report, Brett, TFS .

Marceline is so cute and what a star she was during a long, tiring travel day. As you said, plenty of adults don't cope that well.

The one bedroom villa at SS looks fab, what a nice surprise for you (well done Jo).

Looking forward to more .
Thank you for the kind words. I think as adults we take for granted just how long the day is... and the fact that she didn't get ratty the whole time is a testament to her.

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Good Lord that was an epic read!

Great report as always, you must have an incredible memory to get all that detail in. How fab was Marceline on that flight? Dream baby. Loving all the details, we are another pair deciding whether to travel with a 7 month old next year...!

Looking forward to more!
ha... it was pretty long (you did mean 'long' when you wrote 'epic'... right?)
I make a lot of Voice memo's so I remember specific details. Photo's also help. I hope your TD next year goes as smoothly as ours went. If you have any specific questions between now and then, just drop me or Jo a DM and we'll try and help.

Originally Posted by Gusgusmummy View Post
Loving all the details as I will be traveling with baby bump who will be 6 months old at Xmas ! I already bought the stoke carrier that you recommend via Instagram. Marceline is such a cutie pie
Glad you're enjoying that aspect... its why I'm including them. I hope it helps others who'll be in a similar position very soon.
That carrier is amazing. you won't regret buying it. Get used to it before you go though. I didn't, and wish id spent a little more time using it at home. By the 2nd week it was like it was part of me though. It really distributes the weight of the baby well.

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Fantastic start to your trip report
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by janewah View Post
Loving this report. I will add to the daily comments you must get about how beautiful your daughter is! xx
Thanks. hahaha... its better than people saying 'crikey your kid's a monster'!

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Wow, fantastic travel day report, thanks so much for taking the time to post - not easy with a toddler, I know! I've been selfishly looking forward to your report for a while now, so am excited to see you've begun! I love your writing/reporting style, it is great fun to read and so detailed, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you tour in a different way now you have a little one with you.

(I love your daughter's name, been meaning to tell you this, I think you made a really great choice there - and she's super-cute, too!)
Thank you, thats very kind of you to say. I originally tried writing in a very 'matter of fact' way, but it just didn't feel right. When I started writing like I the way I talk it just flowed out of me!
We love her name too. People always comment about how unusual it is and then when we tell them how we got it they just sort of give us weird looks. hahaha.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great start your daughter was a little Star ⭐️On the flight.
Your accommodation looks brilliant

Joan
It was indeed. couldn't have asked for me. Our 'home' for those 15 days was fantastic. We loved it there.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Marceline made it look easy! My boyfriend doesn't behave as well as she does on travel day.

Really looking forward to reading about your very different trip. I can't wait to see how many people 'get' Marceline's name!
Marceline can give him some pointers if you'd like?
surprisingly, fewer than you might think. But you'll have to wait and see just how many. heehee.
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Been looking forward to your trip report. Marceline was a little star during the flight

Nice one Jo on upgrading the room
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pretty71 View Post
Fab, you are back and lovely to read your first day...I hear what you are saying about the separate bedroom, this is always a must for us too, it just doesn't work otherwise.
Kids are very good at adapting to the situation, Grace has always been a great traveller and we started early with her... Marceline is beautiful and I enjoy reading the rest of your report xx
I'll be honest I hadn't given it a second thought. Luckily though, Jo had!
Not sure how it'll be in November when we're at Beach Club? It'll be 'fun' finding out though.
Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by SleepingSophie View Post
What a great travel day! Gave me a really good idea of what to expect when travelling with a baby vs just 2 adults (not that i have one yet.. ) Marceline handled the day SO well! What a little trooper! When we travelled in September in PE we had a young family behind us on the plane with a small baby, she did the same to us and kept popping her head between the seats just to smile, there was another family to our left who were not so polite about having a baby in PE even though she was no problem! Glad a majority of your fellow travellers were smiley with her!
Looking forward to the next day!
I think people forget sometimes that Orlando is the number one holiday destination in the world for families. You've gotta expect kids aboard your flight. Sometimes you get quiet well behaved ones, sometimes you get screamers... Deal with it.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the TR.

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
Oh fab, I've been waiting for this!

What a trooper Marceline is, she did amazing. Life with kids is so different, but fab.

Impressed you managed to avoid 2nd bag drop, we have huge issues with that escalator!

Looking forward to the rest of the report.
It certainly is! I can't imagine it without her now.
ha... thank you. There was no way we were doing the bag drop. getting the suitcases and hand luggage up the escalator was probably the trickiest thing we did that day!

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Much as i totally loved reading this it has got me a bit worried about traveling with our will be then 17 month old...i just didnt anticipate some peoples reactions to babies on a flight 😕 reading everyone elses experiences and relief at nice reactions etc has got me a tiny bit nervous 🤔 we have two older boys but didnt fly with them until they were 3 and 5 !
No need to worry yourself. Sod the other people... worry about you and your family. Its a plane to Orlando, its gonna be packed with loads of other kids. hundreds of families all in the same boat as you... so just relax and enjoy it as best you can.

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
So glad you are doing a TR love reading them. Look forward to reading more.
Thank you. There was no way I wouldn't do one for the first trip we took with our kid... Just wouldn't seem right.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the TR.

Originally Posted by prettymiarose View Post
Great travel day reading never would have thought of putting the buggie in a case! What a tip! Marceline really was a trooper but I think you couldn't have done more together to hope for a smooth trip looking forward to reading more.
Pretty nifty idea wasn't it! Seeing as we had empty suitcases on the way out there it made perfect sense to make use of them that way. Also... 1 less thing to carry/manoeuvre.
Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a brilliant start to your trip, Marceline is adorable and really photogenic too 😊 The Resort looks lovely, Jo did a good job upgrading you all! I'm looking forward to the next instalment.
When she's not moving around (which isn't often) she does look cute in photos.
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the rest of the TR.
(p.s. Marceline would LOVE your avatar. She adores Stitch)

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
What a beautiful, well behaved girl you have there! I've been travelling to Orlando since my youngest was 18months old, it certainly always makes for a fun journey.
hahaha.. i doubt we'll ever get an easier ride than the one we had this trip. From now on, i'll just be expecting everything to be difficult and if its not that bad i'll thank my lucky stars.

Originally Posted by k4ti3-x View Post
What a great start to your trip! Marceline is a little cutie no wonder she got all the attention coped well with a big day. Very excited to see how your holiday goes!
Thank you. Yeah, she did us proud. I hope you enjoy the rest of the TR.
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Alice2111 View Post
Really enjoyed your report with your first family adventure to Florida. Like yourselves we had been many times before the children arrived and it's certainly a different experience but I'm sure you're both glad you've done it. The tactics of balancing cases, buggy and baby on the escalator made me laugh ! Have certainly done that a few times ! Look forward to day 2...
I think if you expect the worse, you're pleasantly surprised when everything goes well. Marceline couldn't have been better behaved if she tried. haha... yeah, that was probably the most difficult thing we had to deal with all day! But only fools do 2nd bag drop.

Originally Posted by Excited83 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Loving the details of travelling with a baby, I'm sure they'll be useful to so many parents. X
Thanks for reading. Thats the plan.. be as open and honest about the experience of not just travelling, but also being out there and how different it can be from exploring the parks as a couple. Im just dropping truth nuggets like I always do.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Breakfast looked disappointing and seemed to set the tone for the day re food - we thought the food on our recent flight out was poor too.

Marceline is so cute and she was very well behaved and a good judge of character on your flight! I love the Babygro and hoodie!

Don't worry about the leggings and pyjamas confusion - my friends husband took his daughter to primary school in tights and polo shirt but no skirt - when one of the mums said something to him, he said he thought the tights were leggings! Luckily school supplied a skirt!

Your room looks fab - great idea to upgrade from Jo. Looking forward to the rest of the report.
Yeah... I think you summed it up perfectly. haha... she had him sussed out immediately.
That guy sounds like he knows whats what. who's to say whats right and wrong in fashion these days? Maybe he's ahead of his time! hahaha (or maybe he didn't fully dress his daughter!)
Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the rest of the report.
Old 24 Apr 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

Wow you have actually managed to make each TR even looooooonger than the previous! No seriously though, awesome read, I’m dying to see how you handle the parks with the bubba in tow but **spoiler alert** she seemed to do great overall from what you posted on IG, I’ve only come back on the dibb to read your epic tales/ mini rants and now I wish I hadn’t coz I really really wana go back ah well one day me and Brett will make it to the promised land I’m sure (my Brett obviously not you, I saw enough of you on my last trip ) hope Team Harding is doing well xx ps babygro looks amazing wonder which cool person thought of that!

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

What a great travel day. Marceline is super cute. Looking forward to following along
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Happyhaunt1000 View Post
Thanks for reading, she was amazing!

Hope you have a great time on the West Coast in May... we loved it out there and are already talking about going back.

I'm sure Charlotte will be every bit as good as Marceline (hope I haven't jinxed it for you now!)

Jo should work on commission for Disney I think, but get paid in upgraded rooms for each trip x

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it. If there's anything specific you want to know that we don't mention in the TR, just drop me or Jo a DM We'd definitely recommend taking them whilst they're still little!

The buggy is a Baby Jogger City Tour they were new at the end of last year and we had to order ours online, but Jo now informs me they sell them in Mothercare! It's so lightweight and compact, only downside is it really takes a lot of practice to flip it back open again... I don't think we mastered it at all the whole holiday!

The way I read your message was 'three boys aged 11 months, 9 months and 17 months'... and I thought 'how the hell is that even possible!'
Thanks for the advice re pram and yes i see your point re my boys ages ... 😂😂😂
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nicki2014 View Post
Wow you have actually managed to make each TR even looooooonger than the previous! No seriously though, awesome read, I’m dying to see how you handle the parks with the bubba in tow but **spoiler alert** she seemed to do great overall from what you posted on IG, I’ve only come back on the dibb to read your epic tales/ mini rants and now I wish I hadn’t coz I really really wana go back ah well one day me and Brett will make it to the promised land I’m sure (my Brett obviously not you, I saw enough of you on my last trip ) hope Team Harding is doing well xx ps babygro looks amazing wonder which cool person thought of that!
Welcome back. I know you're only reading the TR so you can give me abuse! Hahaha.
I'm sure you'll be back out there soon enough... just tell me when so I can avoid it like the plague! ( just kidding).
Yeah that BG is pretty cool but I can't for the life of me remember who bought it
* oh... and just a heads up... some days are EVEN LONGER than this one! *

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
What a great travel day. Marceline is super cute. Looking forward to following along
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
Old 29 Apr 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Cool

Loving this trippy already

Brings back memories of flying to SF when my DD was 18 months - you handled it much better than me

Can't wait to read the rest

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes47 View Post
Loving this trippy already

Brings back memories of flying to SF when my DD was 18 months - you handled it much better than me

Can't wait to read the rest
Thanks... glad you're enjoying it.