Old 11 Apr 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
That must have been terrifying in the book store. Glad Poot seemed ok after it.
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
That must have been terrifying in the book store. Glad Poot seemed ok after it.
It was scary because I was so worried for Poot - I know you understand. No fear like fear for your child.

But he is a relentlessly sanguine little man - I pray he stays that way through his teen years!

And thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to comment day by day, Rachel - you are one classy lady.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

What a day...😐 you are so right in that when we have our kids with us in that type of situation its all so much scarier ...I also think you dealt with it brilliantly I have no clue what I would do..but i can guarantee i would cry after ! I also really let things like that bother me after the event I wish I didnt ... on a lighter note the guy identifying your irishness made me smile 😀

I am reading these days all out of sync 😅
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
What a day...😐 you are so right in that when we have our kids with us in that type of situation its all so much scarier ...I also think you dealt with it brilliantly I have no clue what I would do..but i can guarantee i would cry after ! I also really let things like that bother me after the event I wish I didnt ... on a lighter note the guy identifying your irishness made me smile 😀

I am reading these days all out of sync 😅
It's like you've put the trippie on "random", jemima.

I know that I must be older than you - but the last time I "felt" an atmosphere in a town like that was in Belfast, in the bad old days. The Irish chap was really interesting - if I were his wife I'd be saying, "Let's leave NOW" - but I took his point about "giving up". And yep - he walked on the train, looked at me, cocked his head and just knew...having said that my brother says that I look like a Cumann na mBan recruitment poster, so there's that...

Not a good experience in the bookshop, that's for sure - I can remember being robbed at gunpoint (also in a bookshop, maybe I should take the hint!) - and I was less afraid than I was that day in Baltimore. She just had that look in her eyes.

Sadly, I'm a "dweller", too - I wish I could be like DH and let it all roll off me. But, no.

Thanks for coming with us - fancy a visit to Baltimore?
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
It's like you've put the trippie on "random", jemima.

I know that I must be older than you - but the last time I "felt" an atmosphere in a town like that was in Belfast, in the bad old days. The Irish chap was really interesting - if I were his wife I'd be saying, "Let's leave NOW" - but I took his point about "giving up". And yep - he walked on the train, looked at me, cocked his head and just knew...having said that my brother says that I look like a Cumann na mBan recruitment poster, so there's that...

Not a good experience in the bookshop, that's for sure - I can remember being robbed at gunpoint (also in a bookshop, maybe I should take the hint!) - and I was less afraid than I was that day in Baltimore. She just had that look in her eyes.

Sadly, I'm a "dweller", too - I wish I could be like DH and let it all roll off me. But, no.

Thanks for coming with us - fancy a visit to Baltimore?
I vaguely remember that feeling in belfast - I was too young to be there on my own in the 80s and so its good memories for me as my dad used to take me in to shop ! I remember how tense he was though...we live in a seaside town about 15 miles out of belfast and of course are never away from it these days it is a very beautiful city now , i adore it 😚 ! When i graduated as a nurse and started community nursing my first post in 2004 was in east belfast , great memories from that area 😀

I am def mixed up in your wonderful trippie but all the days are so entertaining it really does not matter 😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
I vaguely remember that feeling in belfast - I was too young to be there on my own in the 80s and so its good memories for me as my dad used to take me in to shop ! I remember how tense he was though...we live in a seaside town about 15 miles out of belfast and of course are never away from it these days it is a very beautiful city now , i adore it 😚 ! When i graduated as a nurse and started community nursing my first post in 2004 was in east belfast , great memories from that area 😀

I am def mixed up in your wonderful trippie but all the days are so entertaining it really does not matter 😀
Aw, thanks.

My best girlfriend and I had a lovely holiday in Antrim in the 90s - we went to Portrush, Carrick-a-Rede, Giant's Causeway, Ballycastle and Carrickfergus (for some sort of medieval fair) - it was a great time. We saw "The Singing Brickie", too - now that is a concert I will NEVER get R.C. to attend!

My friend and I are both half-Irish and half-Norwegian. She got the blonde locks, I got the potato-head. So unfair!
Old 27 Apr 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Oh my word, what a horrible thing to have to deal with. Glad it didn't spoil things completely for you.

Hope tomorrow is a better day. I am picturing you in those Star Wars gloves...!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Oh my word, what a horrible thing to have to deal with. Glad it didn't spoil things completely for you.

Hope tomorrow is a better day. I am picturing you in those Star Wars gloves...!
Upon our return to England, I gifted those gloves to Poot. He received them in the spirit with which they were offered!

And yes - that was a pretty bad experience in the bookshop. And I couldn't shake it, either - which made it worse. But that's when having a child with you really helps - you just HAVE to keep on going.

Thanks for sticking with us -
Old 28 Apr 17, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Actually we've been cheating on you with Brett and Jo's Disneyland trippie! Starting to think about San Francisco/Anaheim in a few years.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I didn't know we were exclusive, Gill.