Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Dec 19, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

DLP novice - scheduling advise please

Hello, for my daughters 18th in June and we are thinking of a family split Paris/DLP Visit over 4 days and was think 2 days onsite then 2 days in Paris. Has anyone done this for a family of 4, any recommendations for Paris accommodation (think we are going to stay onsite at Newport) or is changing for 2 days a bit of a faff and for sightseeing in Paris just stay onsite?

Edited at 02:32 AM. Reason: Typo
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Watching with interest. We are debating going but I’m not sure how many days are really needed.
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

It's definitely doable and I'm sure many people do. However, every trip we always plan to do Paris as well but once we get swept up into the Disney bubble we never want to leave!

The only hotel I've stayed at in Paris is the Novotel Paris Les Halles - it's in a really great location as it's on the direct train from DLP but also close to Paris City Centre.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wdwsurprise
Trying for More Ears

We have done it before for my wife's 40th. We stayed in the Hotel Korner Eiffel - Small, friendly hotel, just 5 mins walk from the Champ Du Mars and the Eiffel Tower. Great location for exploring as only 2 minutes from the Metro too.
If you want to explore Paris, then definitely stay there - 40 mins each way eats into your sightseeing time if you stay at the parks - especially as you will be on and off the metro all day to explore everything as well. Would recommend a boat tour down the Seine - very reasonably priced and you get a good overview of the main sights.
wdwsurprise is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We’ve done day trips to Paris from Disney but with young children we needed to head back early anyway. I definitely felt like we had less time when we did it a year ago - we seemed to spend so much of the day queuing to get under then up the Eiffel Tower. We’d accomplished much more a couple of years earlier. I think if you’re wanting to visit Paris then it’s worth thinking about what you’d like to do there and what kind of time frame you think that’ll take. It’s probably worth looking at first/last trains in/out to help with your decision.
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for replying - decided staying onsite for 2 days to get free dining and then moving onto a hotel/Airbnb in Paris so excited! I know WDW Orlando really well, but it has been 11yrs since I visited Paris so trying not to compare 😄
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List