Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Dec 19, 05:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

I am another firm Believer of indorex the best most efficient I've ever used. I have used the light attracting sticky pad plug-in thing is before and they did help pick up some stray fleas. I also use the flea tablets on my cat as he does not tolerate the spot ons at all. Fingers crossed flea free for many years, except the Hedgehog incident but that's a different story.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
laney1980
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had a horrendous problem in our house earlier this year with fleas.
Our kittens are house cats so there must have been a dormant flea waiting from previous owners and once the heating went on and there were live things to feast on it was a nightmare.

Indorex sprays for the house worked but we had to do it several times over.
We bought serestro collars for our cats and they still have them on now and it was these that finally ended the cycle.

Oh and add in the fact I ripped up all the carpets as they were going to be replaced anyway I just did it a bit sooner as I couldn’t stand it.
laney1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to say see a vet and get Bravecto drops they are highly effective and stop fleas from hatching on your pets. One pipette lasts 10-12 weeks so they only need applying four times a year.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Just wanted to say see a vet and get Bravecto drops they are highly effective and stop fleas from hatching on your pets. One pipette lasts 10-12 weeks so they only need applying four times a year.
Is that a spot on type treatment? Would be nice to only have to do it 4 times a year but impossible to apply spot on with our cat she goes mental!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks guys 2 cans of indorex ordered last night. Just need to wait on the vets getting the small kitten spot on stuff. I will ask about the bravecto drops next week when getting 2nd jabs.

New carpets throughout the house last year so need to ensure any fleas die. Will order up the light/sticky pad things too for the utility room the kitten is mainly in. Can the pad thing go on the worktop or does it need to be at floor level?
Sorry for all the questions
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

How do you get flea tablets into the cat? Mix with food or open their mouth to pop in? My big cats hate the smell and feel of the stuff on the back of their necks. Can't help thinking it's burning their wee necks
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fluff48 View Post
How do you get flea tablets into the cat? Mix with food or open their mouth to pop in? My big cats hate the smell and feel of the stuff on the back of their necks. Can't help thinking it's burning their wee necks
I break it into bits and mix it with tuna which she loves with a passion. It takes a while (and sometimes spitting the bits back out) but eventually she eats it. Tried grinding it up but then the whole bowl must taste of the tablets so she won't touch it. I think when it's broken up bits she might not realise they are there until she has them in her mouth.

However my cat is a greedy little sod, my mum's isn't that bothered about food and she has to stick the tablet down the cats throat!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The light sticky thing needs to go on the floor I put mine up against the skirting board somewhere, as for giving tablets mine is horrendous so it's wrap the towel around tightly with head sticking out fingers at side of mouth to open ,tablet popped in mouth close mouth blow on nose... he does get a bit crafty pretends to swallow and then spits it out but I won't let him outside umtil I'm sure it's gone.
Word of warning the first time I used the tablets I'm glad I read the leaflet thoroughly because they do describe what will happen, the cat sort of goes a bit mental running around like a loony because the fleas are going crazy because they're dying he was sat on my dining table and I could see all these dead fleas pinging off him. They certainly work and this is all he has now now because like others have said he absolutely detested having the front line or something else for on the back of his neck he was quite poorly sometimes the name of the tablets I use are capstar purchased easily online.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

We had a flea problem over the summer and was told by the pet shop to try salt, we covered the carpets and left it a few days also treated the cats and we haven't had one since, never heard of it before but looked online and its recommended a lot,
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure if I could deal with the tablets but our big cats react badly when the spot on is put on. It’s like I’m putting acid on their skin. I just feel so sorry for them 😭. Good news is the kitten didn’t react to the advocate on her fur, so hopefully it works at just under £10 a treatment