Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Mar 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DJSwitch View Post
If there are no fast-passes should I also assume there will be no DAS pass usage either?
I spoke with a lovely cast member yesterday who informed me that there would be DAS passes available on the ride despite there being no FP+
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Yep no adults can wear costumes at all,unless it's mnsshp!
It's down to missleading children,which could be dangerous!
And they allowed them for Star Wars weekends so they could do a similar thing at least on opening day.
Old 14 Mar 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
All this chat and worry/excitement but lets face it they could well suddenly have a blip and the whole thing might be put off for another month!
I would be sooo pleased if they did this as we arrive on opening day🤞
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by thingy003 View Post
I spoke with a lovely cast member yesterday who informed me that there would be DAS passes available on the ride despite there being no FP+
Thank you so much for this! I really appreciate you posting this.
DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by thingy003 View Post
Great news! However, I can see this being picked up and abused by some

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but if the Fan Boys go and are blown away by it then GE will be busy for years to come - Starwars fans have been promised a Starwars land of some kind for best part of fourty years.

Me - I'm avoiding it until it calms down - going to Harry Potter this year - Only waited 5 years - have the lines calmed down yet?
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

super excited about this, we fly home 1st sept , so i figure i have got 3 days to try and get into star wars land.
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
Great news! However, I can see this being picked up and abused by some
I was sent a link to someone willing to have a "paid for 3 / 4 day vacation inc spends " in exchange for going on the SW rides with him and his DAS, any time of the year

so yes it will be abused
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
I was sent a link to someone willing to have a "paid for 3 / 4 day vacation inc spends " in exchange for going on the SW rides with him and his DAS, any time of the year

so yes it will be abused
I hope you forwarded that on to Disney.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

When Pandora opened in May 2017 it was absolutely rammed, we went to WDW in August 2017, exactly 3 months after opening and, although, Pandora was really busy, you could walk around the area with ease and everywhere else in WDW seemed a lot quieter than any other time we had been there in the last 10 years. We go in late October this year, exactly two months after GE opens, so am hoping the same will apply.

Also, you've got to take into consideration that Pandora and Toy Story land opened during/around the US Summer Break whereas GE opens at the end of the Summer Break, so one day and weekend visits may be the thing to do with GE for US residents, meaning the rest of WDW may still be as busy as it usually is in September/October time and not the crazy crowds you would expect?
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
so yes it will be abused
It is sad that it will be abused by some. My best friend is taking his family out for their first trip to WDW at the same time of us and it is only me, him and his son who will want to ride SR so I am planning on queuing with them as they are not part of my FP party.
I'm hoping the queue will be fun anyway.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List