Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Dec 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I would agree with switching to a non EMH morning if you can - you will get better “value” for your breakfast reservation benefit without having to contend with the EMH crowds.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I guess you don't realise they can and do push tables together to create different configs.

We was a party of six last year at Be Our Guest with a table of four and two pushed together to create a six. They can and do push together tables of two to create tables of fours.

So booking for a smaller party is totally useful to the person doing it if their strategy is to get in the end a table of four.

Look at this photo do you think they would only ever sit parties of two on those two seater tables ? I can 100% confirm that isn't the case.
They need to manage numbers though. And know who is going to turn up, imagine if everybody with a booking turned up with an extra guest?

There is no point a party of three booking a table for two.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Thanks, I am trying t get one for a non EMH day but this is all I have managed to snag so far, worst case I will just keep it
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
They need to manage numbers though. And know who is going to turn up, imagine if everybody with a booking turned up with an extra guest?

There is no point a party of three booking a table for two.
I think you are totally missing the point.. No one is suggesting having a booking for two and turning up with three people
  1. Book a table for 2
  2. Later when / if possible add the extra person
  3. If not possible cancel booking and shrug shoulders
  4. Someone else grabs booking

No big deal - no one loses out - someone might win - someone might lose...

But it certainly increases your personal odds of getting the booking you want!

Edited at 07:38 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

OP

Also its worth looking for a table for more people than you might need.

So if you want a table for 4 try looking for a table for 5 / 6 / 7 etc. The system can some time strangely show you there is a table available for 5 + people but not 4. I book it then modify the booking downwards to four people.

Again depends on the restaurant and its layout / rules they have put in place. The system sometimes saves bigger tables for bigger parties but you can cheat that with the approach above.

I must say doing it this way I have never ended up on a big table for 6 with 4 people so they do rearrange them after the event / on the day to get in as many people as possible. These systems are complex and very clever Just got to know how to get what you want from them

Edited at 07:45 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
They need to manage numbers though. And know who is going to turn up, imagine if everybody with a booking turned up with an extra guest? There is no point a party of three booking a table for two.
They do have the correct numbers of people though. A party of 2 and a party of 1 is, to them, the same as a party of 3. So you grab a 2 if you can find it and then add a 1 later.

You're correct that this would be a problem at dinner when it's allocated tables, but it's free-seating at breakfast and lunch - so they only need to know how many people they have, not what numbers they are grouped into. I did this and said to a CM that we were single bookings but eating as a group and he said it wasn't a problem at all and to just sit wherever and move tables around as we needed.

nb. this is just for Be Our Guest - I have no idea if you can do this at other restaurants.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
They do have the correct numbers of people though. A party of 2 and a party of 1 is, to them, the same as a party of 3. So you grab a 2 if you can find it and then add a 1 later.

You're correct that this would be a problem at dinner when it's allocated tables, but it's free-seating at breakfast and lunch - so they only need to know how many people they have, not what numbers they are grouped into. I did this and said to a CM that we were single bookings but eating as a group and he said it wasn't a problem at all and to just sit wherever and move tables around as we needed.

nb. this is just for Be Our Guest - I have no idea if you can do this at other restaurants.
Oh that's slightly different to my suggestion. I was thinking you would just modify the current booking from 2 to 3 but I suppose you could do this as well

I suppose you run the risk of being seated seperatly
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh that's slightly different to my suggestion. I was thinking you would just modify the current booking from 2 to 3 but I suppose you could do this as well

I suppose you run the risk of being seated seperatly
Not at BoG lunch though as you choose your own seating generally. That said, we were seated one time we went for breakfast so I personally would continue to try for the actual party number.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
That would be a better option but if it's not possible then this is a possible way around it. Admittedly it's not without it's hassles
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gold1970 View Post
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a lunchtime reservation at BOG they no longer need on any of these dates in January 3, 7, 9 or 15 for 3 Adults, if so would you be willing to free the reservation so I can book.
Its my partners 50th Birthday celebration holiday and we were really looking forward to having lunch there but I have been unable to get a booking any day of our holiday.

Thanking you in advance 🥰🥰🥰
A 11.25 table for 3 has popped up on the 9th Jan if you are still looking