Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan14
Getting Excited

places that accept deposit for flight and hotel combo for disney throwaway

Hi i am wondering if anyone knows any places that take deposits at all for a flight and hotel combo in which just 1 night only needed at the hotel. This is because looking at staying at universal but I would like to have one night at disney as a throwaway booking so can access EMH for galaxys edge in sept next year. I did think of asking disney or virgin holidays if they are able to do that but unsure if they will be able to
disneyfan14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

British Airways
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Have you tried BA holidays? Our last few holidays have been booked through them and I’ve found the prices to be very competitive.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan14
Getting Excited

was thinking about them but if possible looking to use virgin flights
disneyfan14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by disneyfan14 View Post
was thinking about them but if possible looking to use virgin flights
I doubt that would work. BA flights or Aer Lingus. They often have excellent universal prices. We used them at Easter and got a great deal. Plus we booked hotel only with them for February for Aventura and it worked out cheaper than our annual pass holder rates, £619 for the week.
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Virgin wont do less than 5 days for Disney when we asked. I think for the campground, which is cheapest its only available through us site.
Old 12 Dec 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I am pretty sure the rules for booking a package holiday in the last year have changed. You have to book at least 50% of your holiday with a company in order for it to be classed as a package and only pay a deposit. We like a virgin favourite hotel for first few days as then it includes parking etc at hotel so my plan was to book hotel for three nights with flights (did this last year) the advisor said she couldn’t do this as a package unless I added a car and explained that a package holiday needed to be at least 50% of travel arrangements. I then spoke to another agent who said the same.
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

British airways will still allow you to book flight & hotel for one night only with a deposit. I’ve just checked as was looking for my sister.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

As above, BA will let you do it but Virgin require more than 50% of the time between flights to be in a hotel you've booked with them.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

We booked the campsite this year for that reason. When you added up the cost of the magic bands and parking etc it more than covered the cost. We were booked in for the day after Dorian hit so they closed the camp grounds and gave us a free upgrade to a pirate room at Caribbean Beach!
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List