Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Nov 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thanks Wayne, I’m going to check the list out. We do watch 9-1-1 and really enjoy that. I’ve heard so many good reports about Breaking Bad so I really should give that a try.

I have seen a few of the Anthony Bourdain shows and they were good too. I do like the mix of food and travel so will find some Zimmern shows too.
once youre done with that list, have a look through my comedy/drama sections on trakt for inspiration...
trakt.tv/users/wanye/history...s?genres=drama
and
trakt.tv/users/wanye/history...?genres=comedy
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We did enjoy Sky Movies at first but honestly can’t remember the last film we watched on there. We go to the cinema quite often so prefer to watch films there. I’m only paying £5 pm for Movies at the moment with them but I don’t think we will renew this next time it goes up. My DH is a football fan but we found all the football subscription tv was so expensive, we gave it up so he’s limited to Match of The Day now and the odd match shown on BBC or ITV.
I know what you mean, we're kinda the same, sometimes we'll sit down and watch a movie but prefer to go to the cinema. I agree the sports prices are crazy but don't really spend on any other luxuries so allow myself this one.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We felt a bit like you about Netflix DD, when we first got it, and couldn’t find much on there. However, between that and Prime, we’ve somehow stumbled across countless fantastic shows in the last year or so, it’s just a case of trying something to see how you get on. I’m not into daytime TV type things and as we usually only properly watch about an hour of TV a night we’re really quite fussy!
I think we are going to settle down with Wayne’s list through the next few weeks and the cold evenings and see if we can finally work Netflix out 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
once youre done with that list, have a look through my comedy/drama sections on trakt for inspiration...
trakt.tv/users/wanye/history...s?genres=drama
and
trakt.tv/users/wanye/history...?genres=comedy
Thanks again Wayne
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by braby View Post
I know what you mean, we're kinda the same, sometimes we'll sit down and watch a movie but prefer to go to the cinema. I agree the sports prices are crazy but don't really spend on any other luxuries so allow myself this one.
I do feel the same about sports for my DH sometimes as he doesn’t really have any expensive hobbies etc so it’s nice to treat yourself sometimes.
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I work 7am to 6pm Mon to Thursday so by the time I get home, had dinner, washed up and put the kids to bed it’s half 8 so usually watch the soaps or a movie on Prime or Netflix then go to bed at half 10.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post

If we are in, we would usual watch TV in the evenings from about 7:30pm to 10pm, I am not at work at the moment and again if I am in I probably have it in for a few hours in the afternoon too, although I would say more as background noise.

Rarely watch anything on the traditional or free view channels, exceptions are Masterchef and Great British Bake-off which we both watch, additionally I watch Apprentice and DH watches Match of the Day at the weekend. I can’t think of anything else we watch regularly via freeview.

We mainly watch from Netflix, Amazon Prime and DH maintains something called Plex, not really sure what it is but it keeps us with a good supply of programs to watch.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
I work 7am to 6pm Mon to Thursday so by the time I get home, had dinner, washed up and put the kids to bed it’s half 8 so usually watch the soaps or a movie on Prime or Netflix then go to bed at half 10.
It seems 8pm onwards is most people’s prime viewing time. I think that however busy we all are, tv is still the more common way to unwind at the end of the day
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
If we are in, we would usual watch TV in the evenings from about 7:30pm to 10pm, I am not at work at the moment and again if I am in I probably have it in for a few hours in the afternoon too, although I would say more as background noise.

Rarely watch anything on the traditional or free view channels, exceptions are Masterchef and Great British Bake-off which we both watch, additionally I watch Apprentice and DH watches Match of the Day at the weekend. I can’t think of anything else we watch regularly via freeview.

We mainly watch from Netflix, Amazon Prime and DH maintains something called Plex, not really sure what it is but it keeps us with a good supply of programs to watch.
I’m surprised at how few watch mainstream tv now. If I have the tv on for company in the daytime, I tend to use Spotify (through the smart tv) and listen to a playlist.

I’ve not heard of Plex, but again it shows how old fashioned my tv viewing habits are 😂

We did watch a show on Netflix last night, Breakfast Lunch and Dinner with David Chang which we was quite good so we are starting to use Netflix a little now
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

plex is a media player/library management server that lets you view (and share) shows and movies. it was forked from kodi (or XBMC as it was known back then) about 10 years ago. i use both. i prefer kodi for playing content locally, but plex is great if i want to watch my stuff while away on holiday, i just take my firestick, and can watch all my normal stuff anywhere theres an internet connection (can also watch it on my phone)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List