Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 30 Nov 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Tried to keep it to £200 each but already gone over, only got stuff they need or will make use out of. No novelty gifts apart from some sweets and chocolate and a mug for my son and a candle defuser for my dd. I have spent more if they wanted a games console, phone or lap top in the past.
Old 30 Nov 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

My daughter is 15 so most of the stuff she wants is make up or clothes, she has asked for a few books as she is into her scriptwriting. Shes a kid who doesn't ever ask for anything and us pleased with anything she gets. Weve never really had a set amount, but it certainly gets more expensive the older she gets.
disney_l81 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, really interesting to see there are a lot of people around the £200 mark which is what I was thinking. I obviously know there is no “right” amount but I can afford to spoil them but I would rather they got what seems to be normal as I don’t want them to expect they’ll get whatever they want all the time. They are very lucky in my eyes as the things they have I could only dream about when I was a kid!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We don’t really have a set budget in mind for dd5. I think some years we will spend more than other years depending on finances and whats on her list. We don’t normally spend much for birthdays, normally £100 but this year she got an Ipad. She also gets throughout the year too. We are about to have another baby too so budget will have to include her sister in the future! This year for xmas we have spent roughly £650 on her alone - she wanted the lego hogwarts castle which was £280 in the sale! She will enjoy building this with DH!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Think £150-£200 each maybe
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

It really depends tbh, i have 4 between 4-14 i try to aim for 150.00 although youngest is less this year and the eldest is way more as he is getting a gaming desktop.
Old 30 Nov 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

To be fair we don’t buy our children things throughout the year. They obviously get clothes & shoes when needed but not when they just ‘want’ them. So I do tend to go over the top at Christmas.
I don’t buy for others, just my mum and we save up and have a Christmas budget. We have 3 children and it really depends on what they want or need as to how much we spend. My youngest is only 6 and we only spent £100 on him but we have now got him a Nintendo switch so that’s been bumped up.
My daughter is due an upgrade in her phone which is not cheap and my son wants a newer Apple Watch.
They all get pj’s, dressing gown, winter coat, new shoes/trainers which works out expensive but they would need them anyway.
They also get some surprises like perfume/aftershave, purse/wallet etc
There is only my mum who buys for them apart from us so I like them to have quite a few presents to open each.
Budget can be anything from £200-£500 each (i doubt it would be the later for my youngest for a good few years yet lol)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveLeith
Very Serious Dibber

Previously we spent £100-£150 on DD age 15, this year she asked for a 2 day TRNSMIT ticket £137.25 and we also bought her a pair of UGGs on Friday for £118.79 as they were a good price. I’d already bought her some Clinique skin products for about £40.00 (very dear stocking fillers). We’ll probably spend another £10.00 on a few more bits & bobs to fill up her stocking. She’s a very lucky girl but she works hard at school & doesn’t ask for much so happy to spend this much on her.
Old 30 Nov 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DD is an only child. Probably spent about £600 on her this year. We don’t really have a lot of people to buy for as I am an only child too and DH has lost his mum and dad although he does have a grown up daughter and 3 grandchildren.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I won’t share what I spend as I know it’s way too much but they are older and as others have said they get fewer and smaller things but they cost more. I agree people should spend what they are comfortable with and can afford. To be fair my kids would be happy if we cut down on presents as long as we still did the “foodie” things and had too much to eat and drink 😊
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List