Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Dec 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kerilou
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile August 2020 flights help!

Hi I’m looking at flights from Manchester to Orlando 20th August-3rd September. They are just so expensive direct, 2 adults 3 kids coming out at £4K has anyone got any tips or ideas if the prices will come down? 2 of my kids are autistic so we need to fly direct. Our budget can only stretch to £3k for flights and I’m worried we won’t be able to do it now 😢😔 any feedback is much welcomed 😌
Kerilou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I honestly don't think they will come down very much if at all, and I think that's pretty reasonable for Manchester in the summer holidays. There is no other airline flying direct to Orlando from Manchester right now so Virgin can pretty much charge what they want.

Delta and KLM codeshare with Virgin and I have seen people find the Virgin flight cheaper on the other airlines websites so maybe give that a go? Otherwise, I would say you'll have to consider going from London to try and save some money as that's where the cheapest flights seem to be at the moment.

Depending on where you are based, you could look at other northern airports like Doncaster, Newcastle or Birmingham and see if you can get a TUI flight. Just remember they fly Into Sanford rather than Orlando International.

Other things to try would be price a fly-drive as on the odd occasion that can be cheaper than a flight only booking, and just don't pick the car up if you don't want it.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey101
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We’re going indirect from Manchester (via Dublin) on 24th August and retuning on 5th September. Paid around £2050 for 3 adults one teen through Aer Lingus. I’ve had a look a few times since and they’ve gone up abit, but then also come back down to a similar price.
Clarey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Have you tried contacting agents (some that advertise on the DIBB for example) to see if they could offer you a whole package - or multiple parts of your holiday - to see if they can get you what you need within budget?

Sometimes agents can discount a hotel or tickets or car hire for example, which could offset the extra cost of the flights?

If that’s not possible are your dates absolutely fixed? I know you’ve probably already considered all of these points but trying to think of all options 😊

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kerilou
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks for all the reply’s! I’ve been checking flights from other cities and the fly drives etc.. unfortunately we’re stuck with the dates and we booked Disney Caribbean beach with free dd. Previous years the prices have never been this much 😣 I have seen direct flight there and indirect through Boston back for £2700 not including luggage. This is looking our best bet but I don’t know weather to hold off until January to see if there’s a sale or not?
Kerilou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kerilou View Post
Thanks for all the reply’s! I’ve been checking flights from other cities and the fly drives etc.. unfortunately we’re stuck with the dates and we booked Disney Caribbean beach with free dd. Previous years the prices have never been this much 😣 I have seen direct flight there and indirect through Boston back for £2700 not including luggage. This is looking our best bet but I don’t know weather to hold off until January to see if there’s a sale or not?
Is it not possible for you to fly from London? I’ve had to move my flights (previously with Thomas Cook) from Manchester to Gatwick so I could afford it. We’re flying 20th Aug - 4th Sept and found London much cheaper.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Kerilou
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Is it not possible for you to fly from London? I’ve had to move my flights (previously with Thomas Cook) from Manchester to Gatwick so I could afford it. We’re flying 20th Aug - 4th Sept and found London much cheaper.
Hi do you mind me asking how you’re getting to London and if you are staying in a hotel the night before? I’ve looked at this option but with the travel to and from London and hotel works out not much cheaper at the minute.
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Kerilou
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Does anyone recommend flying indirect?
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have nearly always flow direct from Manchester with VA but the August prices for next year were crazy so next year we are flying Newcastle to Tampa via London. We have flown Newcastle MCO via Amsterdam before. That worked out ok. My DH hates flying so it not looking forward to indirect but refused to pay the VA prices. We got premium economy, with seats selected, hotel in London the night before and car hire for cheaper than VA economy when we booked in October. If we hadn't bought owed that we were going to try Aer Lingus from Manchester via Dublin. For those of us "up north" indirect might be the option till more airlines fill the TC void at Manchester.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kerilou View Post
Hi do you mind me asking how you’re getting to London and if you are staying in a hotel the night before? I’ve looked at this option but with the travel to and from London and hotel works out not much cheaper at the minute.
We’re driving down to London and I’ve used my Tesco vouchers to pay for a hotel by the airport for the night before. I saved at least £300 each person on the flights so the option to go to London was definitely cheaper, even with a hotel stay. Plus it feels like I’m getting an extra day of my holiday too 😊😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List