Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I can not believe the difference in price between Disney uk and us

So w have just installed a vpn recently and I decided to look at the difference between our holiday we booked with Disney uk and Disney us.
We have 14 nights in a 1 bed at okw, free dining, photo pass and 2 weeks park tickets for 3 we paid about £6000
The us site was in $ and the tickets where only for 10 days and we had to pay for the dining plan and photo pass this came out at $14000 about. When you factor in the exchange rate it was over £10000
I know we have paid a lot but god help the Americans.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
So w have just installed a vpn recently and I decided to look at the difference between our holiday we booked with Disney uk and Disney us.
We have 14 nights in a 1 bed at okw, free dining, photo pass and 2 weeks park tickets for 3 we paid about £6000
The us site was in $ and the tickets where only for 10 days and we had to pay for the dining plan and photo pass this came out at $14000 about. When you factor in the exchange rate it was over £10000
I know we have paid a lot but god help the Americans.
It would be very unusual for an American family to spend 2 weeks at Disney. US workers have much more restricted vacation time usually 3 weeks for the year and you are expected not to take it all.

A typical Disney vacation for a US family would be 3-5 days, maximum a week. I dont think you are therefore comparing the same thing but if you are you are right.of course the airfares are cheaper.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
It would be very unusual for an American family to spend 2 weeks at Disney. US workers have much more restricted vacation time usually 3 weeks for the year and you are expected not to take it all.

A typical Disney vacation for a US family would be 3-5 days, maximum a week. I dont think you are therefore comparing the same thing but if you are you are right.of course the airfares are cheaper.
You are right I would have only got a 10 day ticket with the us site.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ocaz
Earning More Ears

Mobile

For this year's trip in August we'd booked before we left our 2018 trip

-14 nights all Star sports
-10 day park hopper ticket plus
-Memory maker
-2 QS meals per day, 2 snacks per day and refillable mug

After exchange rate it worked out at about £3,050.00 (thankfully paid majority off before dollar started tanking)

Thought we got a pretty good deal
ocaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I know I had a quote from a US agent for our trip this Christmas as they have free dining for our dates, even with free dining included it was much cheaper to book room only and tickets on the UK site and pay for the dining plan
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We don’t do Disney or Orlando; however, we do the Gulf Coast 3 times a year.
US & Canadian friends that we’ve made over the years are always amazed at how cheap our flights, car hire & travel insurance are for our trips to the US & Europe compared to what they pay.

I always laugh when I watch the Kelly & Ryan show over there & they give away a 4 day trip to somewhere in the Caribbean for 2 people flying economy from the US with breakfast, valued at $10,000 etc & I think, don’t be silly, that’s similar to a Brit couple flying somewhere in Europe for a mini-break, no way would a Brit pay £7,000-8,000 for that!

Edited at 10:07 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
We don’t do Disney or Orlando; however, we do the Gulf Coast 3 times a year.
US & Canadian friends that we’ve made over the years are always amazed at how cheap our flights, car hire & travel insurance are for our trips to the US & Europe compared to what they pay.
We will be at N Redington Beach when you are at Indian Shores, hope the weathers good.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
We will be at N Redington Beach when you are at Indian Shores, hope the weathers good.
Hope so too!
We’re there in time for the Lighted Boat Parade; may try to catch it this year.
Have a great time.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Hope so too!
Have a great time.
Yes us too, we will go and also to the lighted botanical gardens in largo. Have fun
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Hope so too!
Have a great time.
Where you stay Indian Shores? We stayed Barefoot Beach Resort last summer, very reasonable and very nice place, and we have booked for Xmas 2020 already. Also the best coffee I have ever had from the coffee shop just down from there.