Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 9 Dec 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Elizabeth is missing.

I watched this last night on BBC. Great acting, especially from Glenda Jackson. It really showed the heartache and frustrations that dementia causes set against a woman's struggle to solve a mystery.
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

I thought it was excellent, as you say the acting was very good from all concerned and certainly very true to life.
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I can’t wait to watch this when I get a few hours to myself. I read the book and really enjoyed it, so I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I really enjoyed it... as has been said very true to life, dementia is such an awful thing...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

DH didnt want to watch it so I watched it on tablet tonight - I am not and never have been a real Glenda Jackson fan but I have to say she was truly amazing - really enjoyed it although it nearly made me cry at some points.
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I just have to write this...

Actually, no she's not missing, she's here. Lol
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
DH didnt want to watch it so I watched it on tablet tonight - I am not and never have been a real Glenda Jackson fan but I have to say she was truly amazing - really enjoyed it although it nearly made me cry at some points.
I was the same , I have just finished watching it and it broke my heart to see how badly it affects the whole family , Glenda Jackson was amazing , I was really shocked at how old she looks now , she is 83 but what a brilliant actress she still is .
It was hard hitting but gives a true sense of how cruel Dementia is to the one suffering and their loved ones .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

I remember watching a TV film called Care last year with Sheridan Smith and Alison Stedman. It was about the affects of dementia on families. It was very well acted and we found it hard to watch as we were going through something similar with my Dad.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
My friend texted me to tell me about it so I watched it and I feel sad at end. I think it was excellent programme and Glenda Jackson was amazing actor. When I told my mother in law and she told me she watched for 5 mins then turn off. I think she is scaring about Demantia.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I read the book a couple of years ago and loved it. Looking forward to watching the programme
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List