Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 06, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LILIANNA
Apprentice Imagineer

Can,t wait to visit Celrbration and will be visiting Sherlocks in Nov for some Tea and cakes (Hope we get to meet you MTCelebration)
I'd love to live there and really envy those who are lucky enough to do it.

Paige's Disney Adventure 2012
LILIANNA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 06, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MalcolmC
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by heighton
Where is Winter Gardens?
Isn't Winter gardens on US 50 (West Colonial Drive) between Clermont and the West Oaks Mall. I'll have to check my map to be sure!

Do you mean Winter Parks which is a different place entirely? Winter Parks is a posh residential/shopping area north of Orlando off Fairbanks Avenue. To be honest we usually visit both - that's the West Oaks Mall and Winter Park.

There isn't much in Winter Gardens, if its where I'm thinking of.
MalcolmC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 06, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneybabe
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi
We have just returned from Orlando last Sunday and we visited Celebration for the first time. What a lovely town. Unfortunately we went just before it got dark so plan to go again on our next visit.

What we did love was the restaurants and cafes (unfortunately we had already eaten - late afternoon that day). The lake was lovely and what we loved was the children all fishing and of course the baby alligator that kept coming in close and then swimming away. Loved the rocking chairs too.

Well worth the visit - cant wait until we can walk around the lake completely and we too will be calling at Sherlocks.

Chris
disneybabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 06, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Approx 1 mth ago I saw a TV documentary about the town of Celebration and the sale of it's downtown area by Disney. It was about an hour long, and interviewed several people living in Celebration about their lives before and after moving to the town and about their differing reactions to the sale by Disney.

It was a very interesting programme. Not sure what channel it was on, but I think it may have been one of our own Irish terrestrial channels rather than Sky. I just searched DigiGuide and can't find it there so it's not coming up on any of the Sky channels at the moment. Interesting to watch though if it does make an appearance.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 06, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KK_Cat
Approx 1 mth ago I saw a TV documentary about the town of Celebration and the sale of it's downtown area by Disney. It was about an hour long, and interviewed several people living in Celebration about their lives before and after moving to the town and about their differing reactions to the sale by Disney.

It was a very interesting programme. Not sure what channel it was on, but I think it may have been one of our own Irish terrestrial channels rather than Sky. I just searched DigiGuide and can't find it there so it's not coming up on any of the Sky channels at the moment. Interesting to watch though if it does make an appearance.
I saw it too and it was a really interesting program - unfortunately it was on RTE (Irish broadcaster) which is why no one else saw it

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 06, 05:12 AM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hi

Okay

Off on Monday to Florida - staying on I Drive close to Universal.

Is it worth getting a cab (or do they do buses) to Celebration or is it too far away?

What would it cost approx?

It sounds like somewhere my girlfriend would love to go and visit.

Dave, Oldham UK.

PS If we do go which store do you own MtCelebration? Would pop in and say hi !
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 06, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MTCelebration
We have a chocolate cake that is called the Earthquake which has slabs of chocolate applied to the back - this cake is chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate topped with fudge brownies and white chocolate. We also have the chocolate mousse cake which is slightly lighter than the first and then there is the chocolate raspberry cheese cake a personal favorite. We can certainly load you up when you get there.
We visited Celebration and Sherlocks on 27th Nov and had to try the Earthquake. I'm sad to report that it beat me and I could not finish it all, but it was gorgeous. Feast your eyes on this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 299 (800 x 600).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	8205 DH had Key Lime pie which he said was divine. And, of course, we got to meet the very nice owner

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 06, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhayley
Imagineer

Its worth taking a drive round celebration too, there are some amazing houses, especially down some of the little roads.
andyhayley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 06, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by andyhayley
Its worth taking a drive round celebration too, there are some amazing houses, especially down some of the little roads.
You have got to come and look at some of the Chrismas Decorations!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 06, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread