Notices

Old 21 Oct 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Becca Wecca
Excited about Disney

A Magical time with Mickey - Pre Trip Report

Hi Everyone; I’m Becca and my Disney Partner in Crime is my Husband Karl.

We are concentrating in this picture. We are happy people I promise!

See!

Two weeks ago Karl was at work on a very long and boring night shift; so what does he do? Prices up a trip to DLP of course…

I wake up to various texts & emails about all the good deals he found, an hour or so later he is home and we are discussing a trip to DLP for Christmas. Should we really go? Can we really afford it? ….. all the normal grown up questions were discussed and we decided to think about it before jumping in and making a decision, so off to work I went and by 12pm my husband had booked the trip!

We are booked up to go on Monday 4th December 2017 flying from Birmingham Airport departing at 9.10am and arriving at Charles De Gaulle at 11.35am staying 3 nights at Disney’s Sequoia Lodge and returning on Thursday 7th December leaving at 7.05pm and arriving back in Birmingham at 7.20pm

When Karl was originally looking – he was pricing up Disney Partner Hotels, but then did some further research into the Disney Hotels and due to the offer on it didn’t work out that much more expensive. We got 25% off our hotel booking and the free Half Board Plus meal plan (which we have upgraded to the Full Board Plus) So this is our first ever time staying in a Disney Hotel, we are very excited!

Karl and I love all things Disney. Together we have had two very amazing trips to Orlando Florida in 2011 & 2016 – last year we even got married there.

Went all the way to America to get married in their version of a registry office!

This will be our fourth trip to DLP. We first went in the summer of 2012 – we went on Karl’s birthday. His mum rang him to wish him a happy birthday but we both had completely forgot about it because we were too excited! We bought Annual Passes for this trip because it worked out cheaper. So as soon as we were back we were booking up to go again in the December of 2012; We had a free child’s Annual Pass as well so we took our nephew who was 3 at time; which was great fun as we got to do all the things adults by themselves wouldn’t normally do! We then went back in the summer 2015 as well; a brief trip before I started a new job. It was the 20th Celebrations in 2012, so feels apt to be going back now!

This will be the first time flying to DLP; we normally get the Eurostar but it actually worked out cheaper to fly. This did excite me because it means I get to go on Disney’s Magical Express! However I am realistic and aware that it will neither be magical or express like; I understand it takes an hour to get to the hotel – We could have got the TGV train which takes 9 minutes! Hey ho - it's a Disney experience!

I can't wait to stay at Sequioa Lodge; i hear that it's supposed to be really nice at Christmas time. It looks so cosy as well! Plus staying onsite means we are in walking distance of everything, we've never had this luxury before!

We don't really have a plan yet for what we will do and when, but because we have the meal deal i definitely want to eat in Chex Remy (love the theme of this place!) and Billy Bobs (Previously I could never justify spending around 40 euros each for a buffet!)

Any suggestions or tips for our first time staying on site will be gratefully received, and I look forward to coming back in December and updating how the trip went!

See you all at Christmas Time!

Edited at 11:20 AM.
Becca Wecca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds great! Not long now, have a great time.
Old 26 Oct 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Cant wait to hear all about it.

No tips as this trip will be my first ever to DLP.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Becca Wecca
Excited about Disney

I go in just over a week! Eeeee excited! Any tips would be gratefully received!
Becca Wecca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List