Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Jun 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
englishruss
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Villa near the parks without a car.

The answer is no isn't it. I kinda know that ... but hear me out because this is a strange holiday we're planning.

We're going on a big family holiday doing the Universal Thing (i am surrounded by Universal Fans) in 2021.

However, it's my 50th next year (2020), we were looking at a bit of a cheaper holiday. I suggested a long weekend in Florida, just the wife and I, instead. Thursday til Monday (work commitments) . That's three full days and an afternoon and morning. Again, I know some people don't get this. I have done this previously and I quite enjoyed it.

My wife suggested a Villa, she would love to have a taste of the Villa experience. We don't drive in Florida and don't intend to but increasingly we Uber a lot!

So if we manage to pick up some reasonable flights (it's mid September so that should be possible) and looked at Kissimmee.

This is the suggested itinerary.

Thursday - Land (Taxi) unpack Walmart (Uber) and chill by pool.
Friday - Magic Kingdom (Uber)
Saturday - Shopping at Premium Outlets (Uber) and night at Old Town (Uber)
Sunday - Downtown Disney (Uber) and MNSSHP (Uber)
Monday - Pool and Taxi to airport.

We're frequent travelers to Florida and enjoy a meal at Denny's as much as a day at the parks; it's just the place we love so much, but we know nothing about Villas.

Is any of this possible? My wife says yes. It's not really about the theme parks (it appears to be about the private pool, large kitchen, nearby shopping and did I say private pool).

Your thoughts and ideas most welcome.
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Lucky you. Yes, it's doable. We stay at Windsor Palms with car, but I know that they do shuttle bus to the theme parks at a cost. I've also seen people getting out of taxis at the gatehouse, they may be allowed on site, I'm not sure. I assume that other villa locations do shuttles, but you would have to check.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

To me it is possible. Would I do it? I don't know.
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Totally doable. The only thing you may find is owners having a minimum nights stay, this is due to the fact that Americans like to book a home for a couple of days for a party! Mine is actually 5 nights minimum but if I know the guests are from the UK and not going to use the villa as a party house I do make exceptions.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely go for it ! You only live once
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Totally doable. The only thing you may find is owners having a minimum nights stay, this is due to the fact that Americans like to book a home for a couple of days for a party! Mine is actually 5 nights minimum but if I know the guests are from the UK and not going to use the villa as a party house I do make exceptions.
Crikey, I never realised thats why most villa's have a 5 night minimum stay - you live & learn
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Totally doable, we have stayed at Windsor Hills a couple of times and that would suit you for location. Enjoy x
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

You might have a problem with the stay being so short, and the owner might add the cost of cleaning on top.

Staying for a short time isn't unusual, and would be no problem in a hotel, but you might struggle to find owners prepared to rent for such a short time; don't think it's worth it for them.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You will find loads on Airbnb that will rent for two or more nights, so if that's what you want you shouldn't have an issue.

Where you might get problems is if you aren't taking a phone with a data plan as that is where UBER becomes complicated. Similarly you might also get issues with villas in gated security complexes where there isn't a gate attendant

However what you want to do is very achievable, and will be a lot of fun
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

I see you are planning to use a taxi to & from the airport but you can use Uber for this too and save more money. We had 4 suitcases & used an Uber xl but another family we saw squeezed themselves and all their luggage into a standard uber.
suecee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List