Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Jun 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Christmas Day food! Where?!

Any recommendations on Christmas Day dinner at WDW? We don’t really have the budget for a signature (would love to do Cali Grill or Narcoossees then watch the fireworks, but am expecting that to be way out of our budget.) Have also been told to avoid MK as it’s overhwlemingly busy! Any recommendations?
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

We were at AK on Christmas Day two years ago and we ate lunch at Yak and Yeti. It was a lovely meal but it could have been any other day in the year, it was the usual menu and nothing Christmassy about it.

The park was pretty busy but definitely manageable, MK was crazy busy though according to reports!

Have you thought about going off property? I have no direct experience but many people talk about Gaylord Palms.

I'd love to go at Christmas Time again
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We went to Sanaa at AKL, was lovely
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

Where on site does a meal which you would consider "festive" in any way for Christmas, rather than just the every day of the year menu?

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

When we go for Xmas my favourite Xmas day routine is to go in MK as soon as it opens, do a few hours, then when it's just starting to get crazy head over by boat the the GF for lunch at the GF Cafe.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
When we go for Xmas my favourite Xmas day routine is to go in MK as soon as it opens, do a few hours, then when it's just starting to get crazy head over by boat the the GF for lunch at the GF Cafe.
Is it true you need to be queuing up at about 5 in the morning for MK on Christmas day? Not sure I could handle that
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

[QUOTE=eleele;13904330]We were at AK on Christmas Day two years ago and we ate lunch at Yak and Yeti. It was a lovely meal but it could have been any other day in the year, it was the usual menu and nothing Christmassy about it.

I think that's what I was struggling with, the only places that seem remotely Christmassy in their menu are the really expensive ones that are linked with events - like the Candlelight Processional, or Minnie's Christmas dining at Hollywood & Vine. Funnily enough I have provisionally put Yak & Yeti as our Christmas Day meal! We didn't really want to go off site. I think we will do Epcot in the morning (and maybe monorail over to MK for a bit if it's not closed due to capacity) then do AK in the evening with Yak & Yeti as our Christmas Day dinner. Not very festive but I'm sure it will be lovely
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What about Raglan Road!
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 350chevy View Post
Is it true you need to be queuing up at about 5 in the morning for MK on Christmas day? Not sure I could handle that
We used to walk in from the CR about 7am. I don't remember any major queues at the MB scanners at that time.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Biergarten at EPCOT.

Has the band playing Christmas Carols.

We went two years ago and thought it suitable festive.

The Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge would be festive plus I am sure they have a festive menu, add turkey I think.

Depending if you are set on a sit down meal, wandering through EPCOT on Christmas night and experiencing all the festive attractions and eating whatever you want from quick service or the food booths would be a lot of fun, depending on the ages of your party.

Edited at 07:34 PM.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List