Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Apr 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dizzymum23 View Post
Also you quite often have lots left over that just get turned into snacks to bring home were doing the free breakfast this year for part of the stay and dvc for the rest and think i'm gonna save loads paying for some ts/cs meals & snacks instead of upgrading. Looking forward to trying some of the cocktails, and not eating so much just to get through those credits
I don't have any snack credits left as I use them on cold drinks, fresh fruit and Dole Whip Floats 😀
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hotspotuk View Post
Eating the same park foods for the entire stay wouldn’t work for me or the family. I have never been able to justify the prices as about 80% of our meals would be outside of the parks due to it being a lot less expensive with more variety. Having more choice for meals along with some healthier options you enjoy your stay much more plus side is more energy too 👍
Texas Roadhouse has some nice steak dinners but if you wanted a burger option with the kids then Steak’n’Shake can be an option for burger and milkshake etc
Point Is I don’t think the parks menu and pricing are ideal for an entire stay, you can argue that yes there are healthier options available but there are a lot of menu items that are just not what people want to eat whether it be the healthier option a or not.
I can't drive and can't stand burgers and steak but love Disney food as there's so much choice, look at Epcot World Showcase alone. That's without the other parks and the resorts. So I have no problem eating there for my whole trip minus one day at Discovery Cove.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I can't drive and can't stand burgers and steak but love Disney food as there's so much choice, look at Epcot World Showcase alone. That's without the other parks and the resorts. So I have no problem eating there for my whole trip minus one day at Discovery Cove.
We like to stay in the bubble too. I can see it's a completely different comparison if you've got a car, or like using Uber etc, so you're off site more. But we definitely don't eat the same foods every day onsite at WDW! I think if you eat at the first place you come across at each park, then you may end up living off burgers and hot dogs, but if you do a little research there are so many other options!

We were DDP last time, but chose QSDP this time, as there are lots of QS places we wanted to visit but couldn't fit in.

But sorry - off topic there really.

In terms of good value, I think that if you would naturally chose the cheaper items on the menu, the upgrade may not be worth it. If you like some of the more expensive items $20 in some cases, once you'd added on the cost of a drink - it's better value. I think it's better now that you have 2 snack credits and can choose when and where to spend them, rather than 1 snack credit and the endless (uneaten usually) carrot or chocolate cake for dessert. (Although, I remember the days of desserts with each QS meal and 2 snack credits - that was a lot of food! )

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018

Edited at 02:26 PM.
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post
Been getting some quote pre release and have been told the upgrade price from free breakfast to QSDP is £27 per adult and £12 per child.

When I went last year we paid OOP, and QS meals in the resort were $14 and $8 for kids. Snacks - sundaes, ice lolly’s, sweets all around the $6 mark.

So my calculations are for the £27, I get one extra meal $14, 2 snacks $6 each. So that’s $26, which is around £20.

That’s a bad deal isn’t it, it’s cheaper OOP?
Or am I just doing the QS wrong and being too cheap with my options! 😂
doesn't look like you have added the cost of a drink with your qs meal? the cheapest qs meals we did were around $18-$20 with a soft drink. Add the cost of the drink mug you'd get with the qs plan too its probably more like break even cost wise.
Some qs meals are a lot more than $14 and if you went with an alcoholic drink too that could easily add another $10+ so potentially there is a saving to be made.
The unlimited drinks mug can save you loads esp in the hotter months if you like sodas though you can buy that on its own.

It really does depend on how much you would normally eat and if you like a drink or not. If you have a small appetite and stick to water/sodas then it is probably better to go with the free breakfast and pay opp for any extras. If you have a bigger appetite want to east at the more expensive qs places and enjoy a cocktail or 2 then upgrading may be worth it.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
doesn't look like you have added the cost of a drink with your qs meal? the cheapest qs meals we did were around $18-$20 with a soft drink.
I hadn’t actually considered that, thanks for mentioning.

At the resort last time I bought the refill mugs with the gift card for no mousekeeping. Could I reuse these? Maybe pay a fee?
Seems a waste to get new ones when they work just fine.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m thinking of upgrading our free breakfast to the qsdp. Does anyone know how soon you have to do that (going next May)
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I am not sure but I think you get a credit for your breakfast and a drink but you don’t have to use it on a breakfast you can use it for one qs meal in the evening.You could take cereal for breakfast and have it in your room. I’m sure someone will confirm this for you.

Edited at 07:37 PM.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'd be looking at upgrading the resort to a moderate, which will come with QSDP.

If you are 2 adults and 2 kids, I'd be surprised if you can't upgrade for £78 (£27 * 2 + £12 * 2) per night, or close to that.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List