Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jun 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ST1TCH
Trading Disney Pins

ST1TCH's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Toddlers and snacks

Hi, im sure this information is probably somewhere but im struggling to find it. This is our first time with a two year old and im trying to work out the food situation.
We are staying in dvc so will have a microwave and a toaster, so thinking about doing a food delivery for things like bread, cereal. But the snacks seem really limited, i just wanted some things like rice cakes and more like the organix range crisps and biscuits. Just for queues and light lunches, is there anywhere people would recommend that can deliver or is it easier to take stuff like this in your case.
Thanks (sorry its jumbled nap time is coming to an end)
ST1TCH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Do u have ddp?
If yes then fruit and goldfish etc are snack credits.
If not try dizzy dolpin for a grocery delivery.
If u have a car pop to walmart which is an experience in itself.
That said i took snacks in my case not because i couldnt buy food but because if nothing else i knew she d eat her favs...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ST1TCH
Trading Disney Pins

ST1TCH's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

No, no ddp this time.
Thanks ill have a look at dizzy dolphins, yeah im thinking taking snacks might be the best options because i just get a resounding 'nope' if i present something out of the norm.
Do you have to declare it?
Just thinking of the amount of suitcases i might need just for a toddler and a baby is making me anxious haha
ST1TCH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We took loads of snacks from home for our toddler last year as we knew how fussy she can be. We were never asked to declare it but would have if they had asked about food.

We just took toddler crisps/wafers/oaty bars/biscuits etc.
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Whole Foods have extensive organic and whole grain snacks. There is one a few miles from WDW but you can also have a delivery through Amazon. I buy most of my fruit and veggies there-a little more expensive but always good quality.

You are required to declare food coming into the US. You could bring packaged snacks in but not fruit and meat products.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

The resort shop should also stock child friendly snacks. We were in SSR in May and there was a small selection, plus some "normal" food in freezers. It is enough to tide you over if you want to get a taxi/uber to Walmart.

We didn't take food this time (with 2 year old) and instead went to Walmart and got fruit and snacks there.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

We are taking our two-year-old (she will be two by the time we go) in September. We're planning on raisins and rice crackers as a quick fix and then going to Walmart.

I plan to have a small freezer bag to keep under the pushchair with some grapes, bananas and blueberries in. We're at Animal Kingdom Lodge so we should have a fridge.
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List