Notices

Old 28 Jan 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've got a similar trip to yours coming up, but I'm way less experienced at DLP than you are. My one and only trip was in the year 2000! I think a lot has changed since then!

My daughter (also 11) will travel on the Eurostar (also indirect) staying for 4 nights (also February half term). We start our trip slightly earlier though as we are going Sunday 17th to Thursday 21st. We also have the standard dining plan, but it was the free one as it was included in the offer price for the hotel. Plus we're staying at cheyenne. I've been cramming in lots of you tube videos to try to get some tips. I like L&R dreaming but also have recently found So Helena and Martyn.

It's our first mother daughter only trip as DS is away skiing with the school and when he was in y7 they had a trip to DLP but this had changed so my DD won't get to go with the school. Any way that's how I justified it to myself!

Have fun on your trip. I'm not too keen on the idea of snow! But still, it would be better than lots of rain. I wrote umbrella on my packing list today! Thanks for the idea!

I'm getting really excited now for the trip.
Ahh it's crazy how similar our trips are! I actually originally wanted to do the Sunday to Thursday but by the time we booked the price was a lot more for those days so we ended up doing Tuesday - Saturday instead.

I'm really excited too - I can't believe it's only three weeks tomorrow until we go. I'm just hoping the weather doesn't disrupt our journey too much - it's always a little gamble going in February but we've been quite lucky in previous years so I'm hoping our luck hasn't run out!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

So now I can officially say our trip is THIS month!

I think I'm pretty on top most of the planning - just need to sit down with Olivia and discuss what she'd like to do in the evening when we stop in London the night before.

We've decided to leave home around 4pm so we can say goodbye to my youngest when she gets back from nursery. So we should be in Kings X by about 5.30pm.

As we've got to be at Eurostar check-in at 6am we don't want a very late night but it would be a shame not to do anything at all! Answers on a postcard please...
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Squiggly2902
Trainee Dibber

My trip is also similar, my DD(16) is performing in the Disney Studios on Sunday 17th with her school choir and we're arriving Tuesday - Saturday. Been before at half term years ago and it was sooo cold- the lake and fountains were all frozen as were any rides with water but it was manageable with regular hot drink stops, just hoping the rain stays away!
Squiggly2902 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Squiggly2902 View Post
My trip is also similar, my DD(16) is performing in the Disney Studios on Sunday 17th with her school choir and we're arriving Tuesday - Saturday. Been before at half term years ago and it was sooo cold- the lake and fountains were all frozen as were any rides with water but it was manageable with regular hot drink stops, just hoping the rain stays away!
Ah that will be an amazing experience for her and you! My Daughter's theatre school performed at DLP last year and it was simply magical. Have a great time!
Old 12 Feb 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, that's right! Only 7 more days until we go to Disneyland Paris! Excitement levels have risen significantly over the last couple of days - it's literally all Olivia wants to talk about!

Since my last update I've booked us in for the new Princess breakfast at Auberge - i had intended to do it on our first morning but got my days confused on the phone and ended up booking it for our second morning, Thursday 21st February. I've chosen the 9.45am sitting so we can still do EMT and then go and enjoy a hearty breakfast with some beautiful princesses. This is going to be a surprise for Olivia - I hope she likes it. As i've mentioned before she's at that awkward age where she finds character interaction a bit embarrasing but I know she still has a soft spot for princesses so I think she'll love it.

I was patiently waiting for ED92 to upload their review to their twitter page this morning and it didn't disappoint - so if you're thinking of booking the Princess breakfast be sure to check it out. Here is a picture of the food that's on offer...

Yes, you are seeing it right, real Mickey waffles at DLP! I'd pay the money just for that alone! Speaking of which, as we have the standard meal plan it cost us 55euros to upgrade our breakfast which I don't think is too extortionate.

So, with 7 more sleeps to go until we leave I probably should give some thought to packing but not tonight, tonight is reserved for watching DLP blogs in bed until I fall asleep and dream about Disney!
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Fingers crossed weather is looking good for us!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Fingers crossed weather is looking good for us!
I know it looks to good to be true doesn’t it! Might get to leave our thermals at home.
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I hope you have a lovely time and the weather stays good for you!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I hope you have a lovely time and the weather stays good for you!
Thank you 😊