Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

ESTA help

Can anyone remind me do I need middle names on Estas ?

I’ve just realised I haven’t added thentotheapplication and my minds gone blank

Thanks
Lisa x
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

No need.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

If you are doing a new one due to old one running out or a new one because you don’t have one then yes.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Darn ... it’s new applications 😒 x
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1114346
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Darn ... it’s new applications 😒 x
Well it’s not difficult. First and middle names put into the first name box.
Exactly what is put on your passport on the electronic part inbetween the >>>>> and the <<<<< marks
Simple.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Can anyone remind me do I need middle names on Estas ?

I’ve just realised I haven’t added thentotheapplication and my minds gone blank

Thanks
Lisa x
Hiya Lisa - how's them boys doing?

Currently it appears the US aren't enforcing the ESTA application full fore names ruling, explained under the 'more info' ? Whilst the official ruling was apparently introduced sometime Oct 2018, as to when/if they enforce... it's that piece of string!

Dibber Gillian recently emailed CBP asking: 'Is it ever likely, or going to be likely, that this will be enforced at any time and cause issues for those who do not complete the application correctly?'. Their reply (didn't address when/if enforcement may occur); if ESTA doesn't match the machine readable zone of the passport one may be refused boarding or admittance to the USA.
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Mobile

thanks guys
Chris .. boys are good just getting taller by the second .. it's dreaded GCSE year this year 😲 lol

I've decided to just 're do .. it's only the boys as I have no middle name .. so suppose it could have been worse 😉
Old 16 Apr 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
twan111111
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We did ours again just to be safe. For the sake of $14 i’d rather be safe than sorry.
twan111111 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

My thoughts... I'm the most controlling person, I admit it. Was a travel agent back in the day (when everything was in black and white and we all walked VERY quickly on the newsreels &#128521 So believing I know everything, I did our estas as per usual, no dramas, why do people make such a fuss etc etc. Then I start to read on the Dibb about the middle name scenario. Mmm, what to do? Convince myself it's a storm in a teacup, much ado about nothing (even though Dibbers whose opinions I really respect say need middle name.) Nope, she who knows everything there is to know about travel (me!) knows what's what. This state
of affairs goes on a few weeks... and now I've just redone our brand new, shiny Estas ,this time with middle names as per the instructions on the application, and you know what? I feel so much happier! Truly.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List